Cables for my subwoofer install

Username: Martice

Post Number: 5
I am having my first subwoofer installed in my car. I thought it would be better to purchase my own cabling and have it installed instead of having an installer use his parts. I've read where some installers use inferior cables and connectors on installs to save money. I don't know if this is true or not but I don't want to take any chances.

So in short, can anyone recommend where I can buy some good quality cables for my subwoofer amp install?

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 58
okay, Stinger Kits are pretty descent. But it really depends on how much you're really into the whole audio scene. If you're just settin up your basic sub then prolly just go down to Walmart, and pick up a Scoche kit, but if you're into the serious audio, I'd recommend getting 0/1 gauge power wire from ebay, you'll need at least 12 feet depending on the vehicle, Possible as much as 20 though. You'll need a distribution block, and ground cables. Now, the RCA's are a very important part. For them, if you're serious, I'd recommend the Stinger Dream series. I've had great luck with these keeping a nice clean signal. When wiring this up, make sure you run the power cables on the opposite side as you do the RCAs. This prevents the magnetic field created by the power running on the power cable from distorting the signal on the RCAs. Although teh stinger dream are a great shielded cable, running them next to the power is not a good idea.

Bottom line, Just get an amp kit off ebay, something like a stinger kit for 80 bucks you could prolly even get a 0 gauge kit.

Good luck, and happy installing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us