Speakers cutting out..

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 210
i've had this problem for a while now and i can't quite figure out exactly whats causing it. here's what i got

focal A165 components in the front - 60w rms
eclipse 6x9's in the back - 75w rms
eclipse xa4000 4 channel speaker amp - 125w rms per channel

(could be wrong on those rms')

each speaker gets its own channel yadda yadda

whenever i turn my music up to a decent volume i mean i feel that my speakers could go louder they just randomly cut out. sometimes i turn the bass and treble down on the hu and it stops cutting out as much at the same volume. speakers getting killed or what? haha

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 378
tricky tricky. like distortion? have u checked the wiring? loose wire maybe? doo much power? whats the amp settings set at?? in my experience when you have the bass up too high they will sound distorted resulting in killing the speakers. set the treb at 0 not -1 not +1 just 0 and the same with the bass and see what haooens.

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 211
sorry i wasn't more specific. whenever the volume is too high, they don't get distorted, they completely cut out, all speakers but i still hear my sub hitting. after a couple of second they'll come back on. if i don't turn the volume down or adjust the bass/treble the speakers will play for maybe another second and then completely cut out again. i thought it could be a loose wire grounding out but i re-traced all my wiring and its all good. plus if it was a wire grounding out i figure it would cut out at all volumes, not just at max.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1312
Turn the volume up until it starts cutting out, then check to see if your amp is going into protect..

What H.U. do you have?

What sub/ sub amp do u have?

When you say your speakers are cutting out, Are they cutting out suddenly or are the kinda fading in and out?

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 380
so u have 2 seperate amps. is the 4ch in protect mode when it cuts out? what are the specs of the speakers and 4 ch amp the whole 9 yards it sounds like somethings not wired rught.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us