Problem with Pioneer Premiere DEH 940 MP

Username: Juliand

Florida U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
Hi all! - new guy here
I come here to check out the guru's opinions, you guys of course..
I recently developed this problem with the HU. It starts to change/scan channels upwards rapidly every once in a while. seems like a problem with the channel button, but it's not being pushed, it just does it on its own. I have to fanagle with the thing to get it to stop. the unit also sometimes acts like it freezes up from acting when I go to change something. It won't let me do it.
It does this at random, it's been installed for over 2 years in my truck, previously in my other vehicle.
I love this unit, does anyone know what could be going on here??
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1460
i've dealt with this a few times with mine, unfornatelly mine was do to a poor contact design. ur bes bet remove ur faceplate and clean the contacts. they tend to tarnish causeing these issues bascilly causeing the radio to detect 2 or more button presses at once even if noones touching them. clean the contacts and see how everything is after that.

Florida U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Keith, I'll give that a try.
I hope the face plate comes off easily.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1462
shouldn't be a huge pain, one side or both and pull the face plate straight from it's hinges.

Florida U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
almost tried a no no.
I thought I had to try and dissasemble the plate.
just remove the face from the main unit
OK-

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1465
yes lol i had a feeling that's what you were getting at, you just want to clean the contacts not acctually open the face plate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us