Subs for an amp

Bronze Member
Username: Ques07

Post Number: 38
i have a RD Audio 1000.1 amp and i'm looking for a some subs that will be good for the amp i currently have 2 kicker comp cvr 12" running at 4 ohms to a tma amp and i don't want to blow them up by putting them on the rd amp... price range is around 300 or lower... i'm poor :-(

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1308
The cvr's should be able to handle the RD amp if the V.C. configurations are right..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
would have to have the amp power lowered the cvr's can't handle the amp all the way up i turned it on today and i was listening to it and i heard the subs start to distort the sound... i mean if you can help me configure it right i'll do it but i don't want to blow perfectly good subs that i could just sell to my friend...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6516
if your subs are dual 4ohm wust wire them to 1ohm and you'll be fine.

and when you say they distorted when you turned it up all the way, do you mean the gain on the amp? is the amp set correctly?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
lol i want to use all the amp but yeah i will be putting the amp to the subs for a while what should i set the gain at??? i hat it closer tothe .2v and it was hitting harder andthe phase shift i don't know if that did anything and the bass boost was turned up only 3/4 the way... and then my deck was set all the way down.. bass was at -7 and "sub" was set to 0 and it was hitting harder than my other amp i had on the subs which is a 2 channel tma amp it's alot smaller compared to this new one.. but yeah i did that nad i felt it waws pushin my subs to much

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1997
What HU do you have? You have that bass boost up too far. Experiment with the BB, set it at about ~1/4 and listen, then even try it off. The subs most likely aren't distorting from being over powered, your just clipping them. After about a few minutes of play, feel the dustcap (center of sub). If it gets warm your clipping them!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ok so the sub can handle more power i'm just making them go past the excursion point or w/e you say when you mean clipping causing the sub to move to far if anyone else wants to help me by explaining a little more in depth then you can msg me at scarface732@msn.com... or email... thank you

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1999
I'm gonna bet your severely clipping them, which can sound much like bottoming out ...Or you could have an improper box as well ...or both.

Google clipping, you can learn a great deal when you open that can of worms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
lol the box is not improper it's built to my cavalier and it was custom built for specifications

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1336
Josh... email me at hittin1@hotmail.com and I will add you.... I threw away your last invite because I didn't recognize your name... Sorry. I will chat with ya and set you up right... or invite me to chat... i use windows live messenger but you can reach me through MSN messenger.. pretty much same thing... If you have msn messenger then DL Windows Live Messenger (made by msn)...You will like it better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us