MTX 8000 T8124A

Username: Nativeninja

Post Number: 1
had these subs sitting in the closet for about 2 years now and finally decided to use them. I thought they were DVC subs, but they are not. I have an amp that is 1000rms at 1ohm, 500rms at 2ohms. How do i wire the subs to make them work at 2ohms. If you can direct me to a diagram i would greatly appreciate it. I am not a novice so please be a s specific when telling me how to connect.

Thank You

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 123
whats is the single voice coil ohm? 2? 4? etc you have to explain so someone on here can give you an actual awncer

if your amp is one ohm stable the chances are that you cant fuucck up really. I would wire the subs directly to the amp. first is your amp full mono block or not. if it isnt put the positives to there termanals same with the positives. if it only have one chennel for str8 mono you have to attack the ( + )'s togeather and put it in the single place in the amp along with the ( - ) neg's in there place wires togeather. if the speakers are both four ohm you amp will be getting a 2 ohm load putting out the 500 w rms and if there both 2 ohm you will be getting 1ohm load and you amp will put out :-) haha

Post Number: 2
it is a 4ohm sub, and the amp is single mono block amp. 1000rms at 1ohm, 500rms at 2 ohm and 250rms at 4ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1305
both positives from subs in the positive on amp... same with negitives.. u will be running a 2 ohm load on the amp..

Post Number: 3
Hittin1,

thank you, how can i f**k up those simple directions, huh? well, i did that and it seems to be working good, adjusted the level, hpf, and eq and all is well. I guess i miss the thumps more than i had thought.

Thank You.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1242
dont worry about it man, Bruce is an idiot.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1309
Not a problem, Dwreck. Wang away

Post Number: 4
okay guys, new question for ya'll.

What amp would YOU use to power 2 MTX 8000 subs(400rms, 800peak)?

I bought a Crunch 1000.1 amp(new) from a friend for 50 bucks, and i am not sure if this amp is doing its job. I cannot seem to get a good solid clean, clear bass from the subs. I am using a pioneer 5000ub head unit.
Also, have 2 other amps that came out of my cousins wrecked car. MTX 801D and Hifonics Brutus BXi 1606D,would either one of these amp deliver better sound, or am i just took much of a beginner at this to figure how to work the fukkking things.

Thanks,
DWreck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us