SPL SUBWOOFERS

Username: Bigntasty

Post Number: 6
MY ? IS. IM ALWAYS HERING PEOPLE TALK DOWN ABOUT THE NEW LINE OF THE RE XXX SERIES SUBS AND SAYING THAT THEYRE SO INEFFICIENT AND THEY WOULDNT BE ANY GOOD FOR SPL USE. BUT WHAT GETS ME IS LETS SAY A JL12W7, ITS EFFICIENCY IS VERY CLOSE TO THE XXX SUBS, I THINK ITS AROUND 85DB FOR EACH ONE AND I ALWAYS HERE PEOPLE USING THE W7S FOR SPL USE.

SO WHAT IM WANTING TO KNOW IS ARE THE XXX SUBS REALLY THAT BAD FOR SPL USE OR IS PEOPLE JUST TALKING OUT THERE A*%.

ALSO IF IT ISNT GOOD FOR SPL USE PLEASE HELP ME OUT ON SOME OF THE OTHER BRANDS I COULD USE FOR SPL USE.

ANOTHER THING IVE HEARD IS THAT SPL SUBS DONT LIKE TO GET VERY LOW IN FREQUENCYS

SO IM LOOKING FOR A SUB THAT WILL GET VERY LOUD AND STILL BE ABLE TO GET REAL LOWWWWW.

OPINIONS PLEASE.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1125
Use Digital Designs for SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3325
Oh My God.

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 124
the XXX is a good sub but everyone on here compares subs to the absolute best on the market for every class. it will get loud and will sound good but if your wanting to full on compete with it your numbers wont be as good as other subs on the market mainly for there high price there are meny other options.

gen if your budget is good enough get tc sounds, audiopulse, Digital Designs, Fi, or like the RE mx which is sort of the spl model of the xxx :p

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1303
TREO CSX
DD Z1
Solo X

all would work as well as many others

Bronze Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, TEAM RD USA

Post Number: 77
RD SHW

Gold Member

Post Number: 1304
RD sucks... i wouldn't own them..

Bronze Member

Lincoln, TEAM RD USA

Post Number: 78
hmm k then y u think that

Bronze Member

Lincoln, TEAM REVOLUT... USA

Post Number: 79
u funny how much u want to sell them alpha's then hehe

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2258
KEEP IN MIND THAT YOUR BOX IS GOING TO PLAY A BIG PART IN THE SOUND YOU GET!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1306
lolo.. yeah I was joking..

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6772
The XXX is built to have a smooth response curve. That is great for daily, but not what you want for SPL.

ALOT more goes into SPL than a subs listed sensitivity. You cant just look at that and say one is louder than the other.

Username: Dakotaboi9206

Sumter, Sc United states

Post Number: 3
american bass anything xd series and above do great we got many of em driving around here me included xds are the lower end of the comp line ab does and ill tell ya they are tanks rated at 900 watss max a piece my brother is putting 3200 watts rms to them everyday and they are holding up great

some of the setups are
mits mirage 2 xd 15s and vfl 150.1 amp doing 149.7 in the floor
dodge ram std cab truck 2 xfl 12s and brutus 2000 for amp doin 145s in the floor hence std cab truck no back wall cut everything in cab behind seats doin a 145
theres more but im tired of typin both of those should be pretty impressive considering when in competition both of them compete in low classes because the amp specs

Username: Dakotaboi9206

Sumter, Sc United states

Post Number: 4
my plans are 6 american bass xds in a wall with three 150.1s to power them and plan on 160s of first trial run
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us