JL Stealthbox + ?Amp?

Username: Carfr3ak

Post Number: 1
Just placed an order with a JL shop, and I am getting it for $540 installed. Not bad when you look at crutchfield's price.

It's a JL SVC W3v3 4ohm 12" sub that can handle 500RMS.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=13694270&tp=113

The salesman at the shop recommended that I do the JL T2-500.1 amp, but it's only rated at 340RMS @ 4ohms, not nearly enough. He is selling this amp to me $315 installed. But if I bring in my own amp, he'll charge me $75 for install, plus I have to bring my own wiring ($50 monster amp kit). So thats $125 in fees and materials, so that leaves 190$ left to spend, that will keep me in that price range.

Do you guys think that amp will be enough, or should I just buy a stronger one from him(he said the T2-1000.1 is $500), or just bring in my own?

Thanks for all your help guys. I had originally decided on a 12" Type R, but I need the trunk space badly.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5499
bro i think everything is kinda pricey.

why don't you buy a 500w rms 2 ohm stable amp like kicker zx 750.1?

Post Number: 2
The JL sub is not a DVC, so it can't be wired to 2ohms. The stealthbox comes with the 4ohm version only.

Post Number: 3
Which amp brand will be good enough? Is kicker good? They carry those at the local Frys, and I can get it at a discount. Also Polk amps, but I never hear anything about those.

Post Number: 4
Which amp brand will be good enough? Is kicker good? They carry those at the local Frys, and I can get it at a discount. Also Polk amps, but I never hear anything about those.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us