Bad luck lately, help please

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1626
today i was just moving my sub box around in my trunk and i think the box touched the speaker terminals for my 6x9s and the positive side came loose. i think that may have touched the negative side. now only my left side speakers work, but i dont get why my front right speakers dont work they are hooked up to a amp. my back speakers are hooked up to the hu. what happened? do you guys think it blew like the right side speaker circuit in the hu or something??? oh yeah i did that test tone thing on the hu where it test all the speakers with that static sound and i heard it out of all the speakers but why dont music play out of them. any help is much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1100
damn, you have a lot of bad luck.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8437
You probably damaged the HU....... this is why your supposed to disconnect the negative battery connection before doing ANY electrical work. But nobody listens.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22371
well he was moving his box around in the trunk. i don't disconnect the neg on the battery when i move my box around.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1102
true that. being an as* ftl.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1627
i was only moving my box around in the trunk and it happened to touch the 6x9s terminals by accident..good thing i bought squaretrade warranty on it. :-) ill prob just send it in and when i get it back sell it. i was looking to get a new HU anyways. thanks chad and snow.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1628
was looking to get this as it fits my price budget good and people gave it a good review. has alot of good features too. as pioneer and alpine is to expensive for me.....

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eTgNPeju84U/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=105AVX810

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4292
so, what your saying is the positve speaker wire came off the terimal of the amp? It then touched the negitive terminal of the amp? Unless there is a short to ground on the speaker wires, that should not have any effect. Check your rcas and try switching spekers around to make sure its not a blown speaker. But hooking both speaker wires to either amp neg or pos will not do anything, unless there is a path to ground. Maybe you pinched a wire moving the box?
So again, if only one terminal of the amp was hooked up, it doesnt matter unless you complete the curcuit by using the other terminal or by going to ground.
Some older systems i worked on, the speaker neg was connected straight to ground. Just a pos from the hu and ground the speaker.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1629
no marc the box bumped my rear 6x9s speaker terminals and became loose and i didnt even know it until i started my car.....because my box is pretty big...im pretty sure the right rear speaker positive wire touched the negative and caused that. my front comps are amped tho so i dont get why the right speakers dont work for. so basically all i hear is music from the left side.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4295
well, then, sounds like the HU may have taken a hit. When the speakers shorted, the amp should have protected, if it did not it may have feed back thru the rcas to the HU effeting that side output. try switching L and R inputs on the amp?

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1630
so something totally wierd happened today with this problem. i was driving home from work blasting my system how i usually play it and when the sub first hit somehow both right side speakers started working again wtf?

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 SI Mag9.1=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 623
Roller coaster system...Hope it all works out for you State

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1631
WOW the problem the whole time was my ipod adapter hooked on the bottom of the ipod was only pluged in halfway. i must have been in a hurry and forgot. i noticed it because i opened the center console the speakers was working and then i closed it and the right side speakers go out. wow stupid me, thanks for those who tried to help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us