Need Power For My System?? Add Battery??

Username: Jmoneyds

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
I have an 89 Mercedes 300SE which I got from my dad for college. This last year, i added a Sony CDX-M800 deck, 2 1800 Watt power acoustik subs, a 980 Watt Amp, and have 4 gauge wiring the setup. I recently bought another 980 watt PW amp and wanted to add it to my system. So far my car hasnt hesitated starting, but i have noticed my inside lights flickering at night. So before i added my second amp, i was wondering what should i do to solve these power problems. I have been told to add a yellow top battery in the trunk specifically for the audio, and was wondering if that is the way to go. If so, how would i do that (wiring wise). Also in terms of a capacitor...would that help at all? Please let me know. Thanx!

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 28
Jordan another battery isn't going to help you when the car is running. Yeah it will help when you have the car off playing the system off just a battery but not when you are going down the road. You will prolly need to upgrade your alternator. Do you know what size the alternator is on the car?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us