Afraid of blowing new speakers...

Username: Papasmurf2217

Post Number: 9
I bought a DEH-P6000UB head unit and blew out 2 of the 4 stock speakers in my F150...so I decided to just go ahead and replace them all with these Polk speakers http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=107DB571&tp=93&tab=featu res_and_specs

I did have the bass turned up about half way on the head unit and the sound was a little on the loud side. I had a good feeling the stock speakers weren't going to last. However, I have the bass booster on the head unit on 0 and the sound is relatively low because I'm afraid I might blow out the new speakers. The RMS on the new speakers looks like it's in range of the headunit even at its peak but I was curious if I had any room to turn up the sound a little without fear of blowing the speakers?

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1458
nah u won't blow them , most stock speakers are 5 watts max, ur headunit puts out like 50 watts times 4 or 55, ether way it equates to a range of 12.5 - 15 watts at the speaker. so thats why u blew the stocks, u should be able to pound on these just fine but if u over load the bass settings u will clip them and causedamage to them or cause the radio to go in saftey mode and turn off. so only use a max od like 2 + bass boost, u really want alot of bass get a woofer. if u get a woofer be sure to run in high pass mode on ur speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us