2 10's or a 12

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2417
at the moment I have a 9515 and I love it but I'm getting a new car soon and won't be able to fit the 15. So I was wondering if I should get it reconed to a 12 or if I should buy 2 10" HDC3's.

I have ~2800rms

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10503
Id do the single 12 idea since you like the sub and it will be almost as loud as two 10's

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1278
x2

or sell the perfectly good 15 and buy used 12.. may save a lil $

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14160
im tired of 12s so id prefer 2 10s like maybe 2 RE SX or 2 Qs ...

Username: Tooloudforyou

Post Number: 4
i believe you should get the 2 10s that way the power will be spread out between two subs and not putting so much stress on the 1 12". running 2800 watts to 1 sub daily can cause a significant ammount of damage over time. although 9500s are known to take up to 4000 watts continiously daily with no problem, its not as efficient in my opinion as 2 10s. ALSO the 2 10s have a much better possiblity of getting louder then the 1 9512....
Also reconing takes times and buying one from DD is a PAIN IN THE ***!!! since you have to buy it from a local store.(only if theres one near you, if not you can buy one from directly thru them.)
hope that helped.

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 144
take in the account the difference in ohm loads for your amp. Make sure that if your using the same amp, to either wire in series or run your amp at half ohm load, and possible damage. All depending on your previous setup, but I'm taking into account that ur DD sub is D2, not D1.

You can always buy a second amp, and the wire/electrical upgrades, and all of that for just adding 1 10". I would stick with a single 12" unless ur competing or have unlimited money/good deals.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
the hd3c 10 are only 219 each
if you sell that 9515 for 400 dollars which is very possible if its in impeccable condition. spend the extra 40 dollars and youll have your self a really good system...you dont need alot of money for a good system, just be intelligent with your money. Also search CA.com for great deals as they also have them floating around.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2247
"spend the extra 40 dollars and youll have your self a really good system"

You are saying the system he has now is not really good? The 9500 series is a great line of subs. He could save himself the trouble of having to sell and ship it by keeping it and being just as loud. Ask M.S. how hard it is to sell a sub for $400. He basically had to give it away.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
for some reason i think your chasing me. question everyone of my posts sir.

i used to have a 9515 with PLENTY of power and proper charging. i do know what the 9500 series is capable of. and no were in my above 2 posts did i state that the 9500 was a bad sub woofer. if you would read what i wrote and let it sink in. If he cant sell the 9500 for 400 dollars thats not the worst thing in the world settling for 300 is just fine, because the ammount of money you have to spend on a recone will be the equivalent to what two hd3cs will cost...what im suggesting is that he gets rid of the 9515 just soley so he can have a more efficient system (IN MY OPINION) and also it will increase the longivity of the subs. Although the 9515 could take 2800 watts continously by no means does this mean itll last for a long time. you are right, you can make that 12" as loud as the 2 10s but its EASIER to make those two 10s louder then that 1 12...if you want to make the 1 12 louder itll take alot more testing then 2 10" woofers would need..

SOOOOOOOOOO if you would PLEASE stop chasing everypost of mine that would be much appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2249

quote:

for some reason i think your chasing me. question everyone of my posts sir.
SOOOOOOOOOO if you would PLEASE stop chasing everypost of mine that would be much appreciated.

Paranoid aren't we? I post in mostly all the threads when I check the forum. You just so happened to be the last one that posted in many.

quote:

because the ammount of money you have to spend on a recone will be the equivalent to what two hd3cs will cost

So two of the hdc3s cost $150 together? Wow! Where did you find this killer deal?

quote:

. Although the 9515 could take 2800 watts continously by no means does this mean itll last for a long time.

Since when did the life of subs get into talk? If you take care of the sub, it will give you more time then the amount of money you paid for it. And recones are cheap if anything ever did happen.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
dude read.....150 + 300 (what he sold the sub for)=450
the life of the sub came into talk when i started talking about it. and know just because you take care of a sub by no means will it last more time, ALTHOUGH it does help to have the proper charging system. and since when does someone want to spend 150 dollars on a recone rather have a couple subs that will out last 1 sub that is possibly already had its life span shortened due to its exposure of 2800 watts continiously already.

/post

Gold Member

Post Number: 2252
"dude read.....150 + 300 (what he sold the sub for)=450"

With todays economy, geting 300 for a used sub might be a little hard.

quote:

at the moment I have a 9515 and I love it but I'm getting a new car soon and won't be able to fit the 15

What car? I'm sure you can get the 15 in somehow.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2418
well I'm getting a silverado extended cab and I could fit it I'm just trying to save some room.

If I sold my 9515 I would hope to get a little more then 400 becuase it is in perfect condition and has a cf dust cap and dvc 1 ohm coils. The coils were an extra 50 becade of the lowerd ohm load and the cf dust cap was also an additional 50.

If I went the 9512 route I would probly just recone mine becuase I want one that's dvc 1ohm and has a cf dust cap.

That's why I don't know iF I want a 9512 or 2 10" HDC3

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3226
I'd say two tens, based off of the setups I've had in the past.

then again i have the rl-i10s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us