Kenwood KDC-MP625 weird problem

Username: Baked1

Post Number: 1
ok this is the problem i have... i hook'd up this kenwood with the right security code it approves it and comes up in standby mode, if i switch it to tuner or to cd as soon as its about to play the music the whole headset shuts off... i can adjust volume b4 it shuts off etc. i've checked wiring its all done right this isn't my first radio to install myself... when i put a cd in it reads it and right before its about to play the cd it shuts off the radio and i have to hit the reset button, its on a 98 pontiac transport van... the only wires from the wiring harness not hook'd up is an illumination wire and power ant. and remote wire from the kenwood can anyone give me a pointer.... this is my first kenwood and i'm already disappointed but i assumed it was something i was doing wrong... anywayz thankyou for your time... the standby works fine and it displays everything menu's work etc. its all working fine untill audio is needing to be put thru to speakers

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1459
maybe u have to big of speakers hooked up t the unit for the hell of it dissconnect 2 or all but 1 and try running it again if it works ur speakers are to big for the unit and u need a mp or smaller speakers otherwise the units got a hiccup in it and should be exchanged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us