Orion 2500D Stability

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 142
Currently, I have a Orion 2500D and a RE Audio MT. The sub is 1.9 Ohm, and wired in parallel, so I'm running at about 0.95 Ohm. My Orion has never had any problems, ever, and I love it. But recently, I was looking into another subwoofer that was dual 0.7, so 0.35 Ohm observed. Has anyone ever seen or currently running an Orion with this low of impedance? And if not, do people usually run these low of DVC's with two amps?

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 143
The more and more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that 0.35 Ohm would be crazy low for daily, maybe SPL but still unstable. If I ended up getting this subwoofer, I would probably just wire it to 1.4 Ohm, but that would rob me of some serious wattage. Wiring two Orion's to 1 sub, is that safe? I think I would just go to 1.4 Ohm, guess I answered my own question :-)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5501
unless you run some external Fans, and an amazing charging system then.. NO

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1108
you should just give me the orion.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Southern Georgia, GA United States

Post Number: 1844
I had an Orion 2500D on my 12" Eclipse Titaniums for awhile. But it got quite hot after some hard playing. I ran them around 1.5 ohms.

Get a good electrical system and some good cooling and you should be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Southern Georgia, GA United States

Post Number: 1845
Also, there is a mod you can do to that amp that will take out the protection circuit. Look around and I'm sure you can find some guys that do exactly what you're trying to do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us