Post Number: 13
yes im back again, i have the
12" Solo-Baric L7 Series Subwoofer
Power Handling peak: 1500 watts
Power Handling RMS: 750 watts
High-temp dual 4 ohm voice coils

and got a Kicker zx750.1 08zx750.1
750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

what amp wiring kit should i get? 2 gauge 4 gauge or 1 gauge cuz im not sure wats the difference.. thanks
i was plannin on gettin the 4gauge.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1112
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=42

wire it like option 1

4 guage would be enough - but it is a good idea to run bigger wire like 2 or 1/0 if you plan on upgrading in the future

Username: Klutch

Post Number: 4
yes 4 guage would be fine but upgrades always seem to intise car audio enthuseists so going for 2 gauge would be a good idea. the difference in the gauges is only that the higher the number the smaller the wire and less power it can run. (2 gauge is bigger and allows more power than a 4 guage)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18228
It's always a good idea to think ahead and upgrade your wiring even though you may not require it today. As with most ppl they grow with their systems. With ample wiring in place it can be a simple swap of gear rather than breaking down and starting from scratch.

Think of it this way. You just got married and are looking for your first house. You know you want kids. Are you going to look at bungalows?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5500
4 is fine

1 is better

Bronze Member
Username: Sophanvick

Post Number: 14
k thanks. wish there was a video tutorial to install all these things :[ im a visual learner lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us