HELP ME!

Username: Gustafson1000

Post Number: 1
I have Rockford Fosgate Rear 6x9 T1693C, Front Door 6.5" T162C, and tweeters T1T.

I just recently got professional done a Sound stream amp hooked up. The guy mounted it upside down on the top of my trunk which seemed like a good idea. but the heat rises so it would overheat if i left it there. So i moved it to the bottom of the trunk, unhooked everything and hooked it right back up the exact same way.

When i turned the car on my speakers literally started POUNDING BASS. i shut the car off and was like wtf. I hooked it right back up the same way...what is wrong with my speakers or amp? did the amp blow-up or what? this doesn't make any sense.}}

Bronze Member
Username: Klutch

Post Number: 12
first make sure your fuses aren't blown anywhere. then triple check quadruple check to make sure everything is hooked up the way its supposed to be. if you can put close up pics up of how u have everything hooked up that would be great. then your amp may have a switch. LPF (low power frequency) OFF (off duh)HPF (high power frequency) the low power frquency send out low frquency waves (aka bass) that switch (if u have it) may be turned onto that LPF by accident. switch that to off or HPF to see what happens with that. let me know what happens after you do everything i said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us