I need help with my soundsystem pleeaaase!!

Username: Jooce

Post Number: 1
hey,
I was just after some help. I own a 1984 holden commodore vk and currently have 2 audiovox 6x9s, A USA Audio headunit and 2 weak Clarion 6". One of my 6x9s doesnt work and i plan to upgrade everything later but i would like to get some 6x9s soon. I only have about $120 and was thinking maybe some sonys but i no nothing about car audio. If someone can give me some tips on how to get the best for that price i would appreciate it.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 49
If ya wanna get a decent pair of speakers for cheap I would remommend some 3 or 4 way 6X9 pioneers. These can be had for around 50.00 a pair. No more then 70.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58031&item=5703303406&rd= 1

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 39
DO NOT BUY THE SONY'S!! If it were me, I'd check out maybe some infinity KAPPA693.5I are probably your best bet. Here, this is what they look like, take a look at this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58029&item=5703081133&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

Granted, the Pioneer are slightly cheaper, but if you can afford these Infinities, I'd recommend them.

Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
Almost all installers recommend putting a 6.5" or 5.25" components into a 6x9 opening. The oval shape, while maximizing surface area for the speaker, also creates a lot of distortion, even at medium-high volumes.

As Donald pointed out, you can get Infinity Kappas for a great price on eBay.

-MattL

Username: Deraticus

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 6
If I were you Jesse, Ide get the Infinitys. Granted Pioneers are good for their price range but after I heard Donalds Infinitys in his car I had to get them for mine too. They might be more than what you want to spend but I gaurentee they are worth every penny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us