Need help matching amp to speakers.

Username: K4m1k423k1d

Tempe, AZ United States

Post Number: 1
I have Alpine Type R 6.5" component and 6.5" rear coaxial speakers along with two 12" Type R 4 ohm subwoofers. I'm aware that there are other threads regarding this but they mostly have a price limit involved with them. I'm a musician (mostly rock) but I know NOTHING about car audio. Basically, I want to get whatever and how many ever amps are necessary to power this setup with sound quality in mind with little or no regards to price. I'd like to say that I'd spare no expense but realistically, I won't spend more than $4,000 on amps unless there's good reason to. I make music therefore I want to listen to it with quality in mind. In addition I'd like to be able to use these amps with Alpine Type X's should I choose to upgrade. I mostly (but not only) listen to rock music if this helps and I also need a box for the subs. (ported or sealed for rock music on 2 12s?) I'm putting all of this into a 98 nissan 240SX so you can get an idea of how much space I have to work with. Thanks so much in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8380
First of all theres no point in spending a huge amount of money on amps when the speakers are only mid level at best, they're not going to produce top quality sound. But those alpines are decent.

For the speakers:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19060

For the subs:

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

Username: K4m1k423k1d

Tempe, AZ United States

Post Number: 2
Ok, well seeing as how I received these speakers and subs for free I am not opposed to buying new speakers and subs. Basically, when it comes to sound quality I am not opposed to spending around $4,000 or so for an entire setup. When I got these speakers I did some research into Alpine's catalogue and noticed that their Type X's are probably more suited for me anyway. I just figured that since they were free and decent speakers why not use them. But, IMO I'd rather be happy with a setup then save a few hundred or more dollars. Like I said I know NOTHING about this stuff but I know that I want clear, clean, crisp, and loud sound in that order. Thanks.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8383
Well in that case: the choice of amp hardly effects the sound quality. Post a thread in the speaker section and you can get VERY nice equipment with that budget (speakers that will put any alpines to shame)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5493
yes, like soundsplinter, RD audio, atomic, FI audio, SI MAG etc

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8388
Those are subs, the first thing to be concerned with is component speakers

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5494
he should send a PM to Exige audio or chad lee, those guys have messed with many components

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1218
i would definately send exige a PM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us