Amp - no signal to subs (in-line converter)

Username: Flex

Post Number: 3
I am having trouble figuring out why my Mono amp has power but is not doing anything to my subs

I have the following set-up with 2 amps, 2 subs, 4 speakers (took out the tweeters)

-Audiobahn A8000T Amp (mono amp) connected to 2 x 10" Kicker Comp Subs wired together

-Kicker 600.XX (4 channel Amp)wired to 4 Infinity Kappa Perfect speakers

-Headunit= stock

As a result of not having RCA inputs in HU, I have in-line converts used on both front and back stock speaker connections.

-Front in-line converter connects to only Kicker amp front channel

-rear in-line converter splits to connect to both kicker & Audiobahn amp

Speakers work great with kicker amp and I have power to the Audiobahn amp, but the subs aren't making any noise as if to suggest the signal was not reaching them.

Obviously the in-line converter in the back is working because the speakers are working great on the other amp. Even when I try to only use the rear in-line converter for the amp to the subs, it doesn't do anything.

I'm lost and hoping someone with more experience can help me out here:-)

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8371
" rear in-line converter splits to connect to both kicker & Audiobahn amp "

explain

Post Number: 4
I have an RCA Y-splitter that I plug into the in-line converter. The splitter then takes the signal to the speaker amp rear channel and to the sub amp.

Post Number: 5
Anyone have any thoughts to what could be going on?

I've tried not splitting the RCA and I used this in-line converter in my other vehicle as well although admittedly, I didn't wire that one (Best Buy did).

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8381
Take the splitter out and see if it works. The right way to do it would be to connect the converter to one amp and then run a RCA cable from thar amps output jacks to the other ones input.

Post Number: 6
I took the splitter out and routed the RCAs from the output of my mono amp to my 4 channel amp.

-Same result - 4 channel amp runs but mono amp will not even though I have the RCA's going from it's output.

I tried hooking up the 4 channel amp to the sub to verify the subs werent messed up and they worked great.

It appears as though there isnt anything coming through the speaker positive/negative wires out of the mono amp.

I'm baffled...but I do have power, there is not power protection on or anything and I get a slight opping noise when I hook up the RCA's to the mono input indicating it can put out power...

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 788
more like indicating you have a bad amp, or bad connections on it. Re wire everything or take the amp out have it tested then re wire everything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us