'92 Explorer Stereo Wiring Harness Colors

Anonymous

Hello all,

My '92 Explorer's factory wire harness was damaged a few months back when some thieves decided to help themselves to my aftermarket player. I recently purchased a new "into-car" harness and was all ready to splice it with the factory wiring, but since the colors don't match up, I'm having a hard time figuring out what goes where. I've searched all over the 'net but couldn't find any diagrams--the closest I could find was a PDF at InstallDoctor.com which doesn't really go into detail about the colors for Explorers with JBL Premium Sound. I've also tried testing the wires with a DMM but I'm not coming up with any readings for some reason (hopefully this doesn't mean the factory wires are damaged).

I'm sure it's been asked numerous times in the past for other vehicles, but does anyone happen to know the what each color is on the '92 Explorer? This is for the gray harness with the power wires, BTW, not the smaller black JBL speaker harness. Any help is appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I bought the Gray harness and the colors match up fine...i have yellow on yellow, red on red, black on black, orange on orange, and the blue one is not supposed to be hooked up.

Red = Power (To an accessory terminal in your fuse box)
Black = Ground
Yellow = To a live terminal in your fuse block connecting to the car battery
Orange = To car light control switch..that is what my papers say..i dont know if this helps...now can you help me maybe? I hooked all this stuff up in my 92 explorer (aftermarket player) and it turns on and everything but there is no sound produced!! help?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3823
you don't match up colors to wire in the radio without having harnesses.
here:

1992 Ford Explorer Stereo Information

Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Black
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Green
Left Front (-) Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Green
Right Front (-) Green/Orange
Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Doors
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Brown/Yellow
Right Rear (+) Orange/Red
Right Rear (-) Black/White

Unregistered guest
Hello, does anyone have the color scheme for a 1995 Ford F-150 Stereo Tape deck with front and rear speakers? Thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us