I am having problems with my Sony Xplod CDX-L410X (newbie)

Username: Cheguevara

Post Number: 1
Ok, I had to recently take out my stereo to rewire (the fronts were going to the back, lol). Anyway, I accidentally blew the fuse in the cd player, so I went and got a new one, it didn't work after I replaced it. Now, my dome light isn't working either I am not sure if that is related or not. Anyways, so I can hook up the power to the cd player to where it ejects and takes cds, but the LED display will never light up. I tried replacing fuses and my dome light still does not work, but the cd always ejects, but no led display whatsoever. It worked fine just before I had taken the cd player out, I was hooking it up just fine when the fuse blew out. Anyways here is the link to my cd player, if you want to take a look. Thanks for the help in advance!

my cd deck that is not working :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 80
#1 rule always disconnect your battery when you start removing or installing things. check ALL you fuses in your car, and think about getting a higher quality hu

Username: Cheguevara

Post Number: 2
Well, i didnt disconnect the battery. I did make sure all of my fuse panel is ok, and i can't get a better quality HU for this vehicle, because I am just driving it for about another month or two until I get my car, this deck is going with it. So what would you suggest?

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 83
you probably damaged the hu's circuit board thats why its not working properly. basically i would say youre s.o.l

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 19
A while back my HU would do the same thing, it would take and eject the cd, but there was no LED lights on. So i rad a 16 or 18 gauge wire from the red wire on the harness to my power cable, the wire is fused from the fuse on the power cable, and it works just fine now, i also hooked a switch up to the wire because it would stay on after the car was shut off. so maybe try that, and make sure that your ground wire is connected, or maybe look and see if all of your wires are connnected together tightly, and if you have a wiring harness make sure they are in that tight, hope it works for you

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 20
tell me if it worked or not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us