Trying to be a kid again at 30

Username: Brydar

McAlester, Ok USA

Post Number: 1
When I was 16 I had a Nissan reg cab little pickup with 1- 12" Rockford Fosgate PUNCH non ported box (took up all the space behind the seat) 4- 6x9's and 2- 1" electro-static screamers, and 2- 6 1/2" Fultrons(in door) the only amp was a Jensen 250w that powered the sub only. It was extremely loud in all ranges and the sub sounded awesome gut shaking thumps @29 hertz and up. Now I am a father and 30 years old and i can do without the 6x9 and screamers I have a daughter for that. I want bass, not over the top comp style just good hard hitting low bass for some of my old school stuff (Beastie Boys, Bloodhound Gang, Beck, and country) ok kinda some gut wrenching. But I dont want to spend alot of money of course. Any and all opinions welcome. Oh I now have a 1994 ford f-150 regular cab aftermarket radio (I plan on upgrading) and Pioneer in the doors and back sides.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8333
Budget will determine your options...... how much do we have to work with here?

McAlester, Ok USA

Post Number: 2
@ $300 to $400

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1570
for amp and sub. where do you want to mount the subs at aka under seats or in ext. area

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6374
get one of these or two if you prefer http://www.ascendantaudio.com/assassin-10inch-subwoofers/ try and contact them to order the sub. i havnt kept up with that company recently but they make great stuff.

and get a phoenix gold xenon 400.1 aka pg x400.1 it will run 1 or 2 of those subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18074
30 is NOT old at all. Hell I wasn't even finished screwing my life up when I was 30.

Now I just roll with the punches.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 736
i would shoot with a 15 sd2
and a kicker amp that is 3 or 400 rms at 2 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 99
meh dont listen to yourself! lol you want a...

RD alphav2 15" on a rd1000.1 !!!!!!! best thump for the buck! HUUUUHAAAA

McAlester, Ok USA

Post Number: 3
subs behind the seat, also i ahev a few questions

? ohms 2 or 4 or 8? whats differrence

3 or 400 ?rms? what is it?

? i cant find a $ on the Assassin subs?

ported box or non

I have been thinking about 1- 12 rockford punch P1S412 with 300 watt amp. how does this sound to ya. ok or week just remeber i dont want my ears to bleed just good deep bass.

thanks to everyone for their replys

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2443
That PG x400.1 is a solid amp I had it pushing two JL 10w3v2. Go with the setup MS posted.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1979
Guys remember he has a regular cab truck, so something not too deep lol.

I would stay away from the modern day rockford subs. There not bad, but for the price there is better.

I would look into the sub Mat recommended, maybe even a 12" version if it will fit.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1195
x2 on the RF subs. they are decent but you can get better out there for the money. and mat did do a good job of recommending a good sub for you.

and again bruce has wasted everyones time on a stupid post.

McAlester, Ok USA

Post Number: 4
ok how about this the assassin 12 D4 powered by a Phoenix Gold Ryval V752 -500 Watt 2-Chan. for $109.99 I checked the specs and it does have a 1- 500 watt output. also a question about the box the specs on the assassin 12 show 0.1 cuft. is that right it sounds kinda small, but i have been out of the grind for @14 years and man has alot changed in that time. Thanks for the backing up of brands. Oh i cant seem to find the xenon 400.1 anywhere is there a link to a site that some knows before i get the other.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
get a kicker L5 on a kicker 400.1 like 10-12" that would do you well in a ported box

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 226
Bruce...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8351
bruce = fail

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
fuccckk off its budget system lol DONT SAY I FAIL! lol

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8356
Being on a budget doesn't mean you have to get crappy equipment.....

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4761
For a budget I would just get a 10" bazooka, maybe even two will out perform what was suggested above. I remember a dude who had eight 10" tubes in a back of a stealth RT abck when they first came out and it was quite loud. Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1215
i heard an L5 in a proper enclosure and it sounded like AZZ!!

kicker square subs and bruce FTL!

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6377
if you get that ryval amp it does power bridged at 4ohm. with a dual voice coil sub (dvc) you will need a dvc 2ohm to work with that amp. which i dont belive they make the assassin in.

get a dvc 4ohm assassin 10 or 12 whatever you can fit. the box size if you go sealed is not .1cuft its 1cuft. they dont make the x400.1 anymore you have to search for them. they can be had for about 100 used. or get this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6596_Kicker+ZX400.1.html shop around for a better price.

here is AA's number to order (702)379-4371 the sub is probably around 150 and is just what your looking for.

McAlester, Ok USA

Post Number: 5
I spoke to assassin manufacturing plant in nevada and the man was very helpful and also gave me the # to a fellow in texas who sells assassins so i have kinda decided on 2 assassins 12's and the Phoenix Gold V752Ryval 500 Watt 2-Channel both of the guys i talked to said that it would defently rock and more than likley leave subs in sealed box w/o porting since space is an issue. thanks to all that posted to help me kinda get back into the game. Oh Bruce I think their trying to tell you something..

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6379
that will be a good set up, and they will work with that amp. you can wire the dvc 4 ohm subs in series for a 4ohm load on the amp. search google for wiring diagram or try the12volt.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us