2x180 @ 4 ohms what should i run

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1402
i have 2 12 inche RE sx 12's and i want a really nice front stage with really awesome midbass to compliment them.

i have infinity kappa's now and they are loud enough but don't have enough midbass. imo i think that they are loud but sound sh1tty.

dont want to spend over 200.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1193
good midbass isnt cheap, you may need a bigger budget.

maybe some diamond HEXs can be had on ebay or something.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1405
word. actually i dont care anymore cuz i have a pair of 8" midbass drivers im gonna use in my door panels. I decided im going to build kick panels so ill just put my current comp set into them and hope it sounds better. This way i can save money and learn how to fiberglass.

then im going to have to use my new skill to make the 6.5 inch hole in my door fit an 8" midbass driver.

will a fiber glass enclosure be suitable for a midbass driver? I dont think i will be able to fit an mdf enclosure. how much volume should the midbass enclosure be?

also would it be ok to run my amp bridged to 2 ohms if i turn the gain way down? it does 180 bridged @ 4 ohms and i only need like 200 out of it but the 8" speakers im using are single 4 ohm coils.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1206
i have no clue on the midbass enclosure stuff but i definately wouldnt bridge the amp at 2ohms if it doesnt say its stable.

what amp do you have?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1406
soundmagus cp91
heres the link to the mfr website
http://www.soundmagus.com/CP91.html

it is a very nice amp with very nice crossovers which i have not been able to take advantage of.

is 90 watts per midbass driver going to be enough power?

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 683
Diamond Hex's are not gonna give you midbass much better than the Kappa's, thats the Hex's weak point. I've thrown 200w+ at those things and still nothing.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1529
so what should i get then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us