What airspace/port tuning do you run your JL in?? Suggestions needed!

Silver Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 138
I have two 12" JL Audio w6v2s but dont have a powerfull enough amp to push them both any more, so I'm going back to just a single 12. I would like some suggestions on best airspace and port tuning to work with. I listen to a variety of music, from rap/hiphop to dance to a little rock to dave matthews band.

I made a slotport a while back for just one sub using the recomendations off their site, but to be honest, I wasnt all that impressed it. I sold it when I made the move to twins, so I need to start fresh again. For my new enclosure, I'm acutally making a sonotube with a round port... they are easy and cheap to make, and save room too.

Another question I have is for port orientation. Do you think there would be any sort of difference which way I mount the port? Like bazooka tube style shooting the same direction of the sub, or shooting the opposite direction? Any and all help would be very helpfull! Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
No diehard JL owners with some suggestions??? Alls I need is the best airspace and tuning... maybe port size you use for your JL! Lol. As far as the port orientation, I was reading on another thread that as long as the enclosure is made right... and port is tuned perfect, then it shouldnt make a difference if its facing forward or back. I could be wrong on my interpretation tho...

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1172
try looking on JLs site. i bet they have an "optimal enclosure" spec

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
I have... if ya check out about the middle part of my first post I've actually made a slot port to their specs off the JL site. It was an okay box...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us