Getting Back in the Game

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 587
Well about a year ago, I had an opportunity to sell my blazer for about double of what I bought it for. I did that, and got a car that was handed down in the family. When the blazer went, my car audio life kinda went down hill. I took everything out, but I was never a big fan of systems in cars, so I just put it in my room.

Turn forward to today, I plan on buying a 00'-02' Pathfinder and putting a system in.

I currently have a 15" Fi SSD and custom box tuned to 33hz. I sold my amp to a friend, so I will have to pick one up as well.

I have a couple options in mind.

A) Add another 15" SSD, build a new box, and feed em ~1200 RMS daily.

B) Sell the sub and box, start fresh. Get a 2 12" set-up.

I am willing to spend $400 for option A, and $600 for option B (since I would get at least $200 for the sub and box).

I am going for mostly sound quality, and don't want to go over 1200 RMS. Cops are very strict here, and you get your car impounded, a $500 fine, and system taken away if your heard from a while away. 800 rms gave a little more to be desired, but I would say i was pretty satisfied.

If you could help me decide what to do, it would be awesome. Any recommendations on new subs/amps/complete set-ups would be awesome.

Silver Member

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 589
Anything?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4514
"I plan on buying a 00'-02' Pathfinder"

Most excellent choice :-) Get the '01-'04 LE with the leather package. 2000 FTL.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1481
what coil config is your current ssd?

Silver Member

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 590
Yea Brad, I have noticed the 00' to 01' difference is huge, almost like two different makes. Its a bit over my price range, but I will save until I have enough for an 01'.

They are Flatwind coils Troy.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1082
whats the vc config?

dual 2
dual 1

etc

Silver Member

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 591