Putting in more speakers

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 367
Ive been thinking about putting some of the speakers I have in my house into my car. My question is about the enclose to put them in.

Here are the speakers that will be going in. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14531

About how much airspace should I give these in the enclosure to get the best sound out of them?

Thanks guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18057
How are you using these speakers in your house?

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
No, sorry about the wording... I confused myself as wrote. No, I want to put the speakers in my car. I had them lying around my house.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1223
lol make more sense... They are run of the mill 3-way 6.5's... put them if factory spots would suffice... Dont really need a custom enclosure for them... Get some decent components if you want to do that kind if install.. JMHO!

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
I dont have any open factory spots. I just want to put them in, because I like to mess around with my set up, I wanna see how it sounds, and it will cost me nothing but a little bit of time to do.

So what would you guys suggest for a box for them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
p.s. Im in college, so basically that means I dont have the money available to go out and buy some new comps. Any and all extra money goes to beer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
Okay guys,

So nevermind all the buy better speakers talk. About what size of a box should I put 1 6.5" speaker in to get good sound out of it? 0.1cuft?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1062
where do you go to college kevin?

i live in MI as well

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
I go to Michigan Tech(where the men are men and the women are too). What about you?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us