Need a little help 4 15 re xxx vs 6 12 kicker cvx

Username: King_assassin

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 2
Which of these do you guys think would be louder:

4 15 re xxx s in the recommended vented/ported enclosure in a chevy tahoe
powered by 4 hifonics BXI 2608D 2600 watt amps.

or

6 12 cvx in the recommended vented/ported enclosure in a jeep cherokee
powered by 2 hifonics BXI 2608D 2600 watt amps.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5471
How can you even compare XXXs to CVXs? Lol

and then power them with hifonics amps?! haha!

sorry, this just made me laugh

Bronze Member
Username: Mofogger

Post Number: 22
just get 2 15 re xxx. with the money you save from not buying 4 re xxx, you can get yourself nice amp/s.

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 82
fucckin buy 2 tc lms 5200's on 4 saz 3000.1's

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2670
why dont u take the time to research all the money u need to actually do something like that ... and the amount of upgraded electrical ull need to run it ..
look at rob, scott, hunter ... or zac davis who all ran 5k in their cars ...

u guys with ur wild posts make me regret coming here sometimes ... these posts just clog up posts that actually have meaning

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 3
Right now i have 2 re mt 15s but wanted to upgrade. instead of getting more mts i want 4 of the 15 xxx series. i have never had a chance to hear an xxx close up in personal but from what i see around the net they are supposed to have better SQ than the MT and still handle about the same range of power. To an extent i dont really care about the cost. for those of you recommending other speakers i would rather stick with Re. I only chose the hifonics 2600 because i have seen it in action. i currently have an Autotek mm4000.1d. the only reason i didnt choose to get more of them is because they are no longer in production. the Re's are what i will be running and the CVXs are what a friend will be running we are in sort of a competion. i also thought there was no comparison between the speakers. What type of amps would you recommend over the hifonics to power the 4 15 xxx speakers? Just to let you know this is a daily driver but will consider entering competitions later.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2605
audioque, kicker, rockford fosgate, RD, incriminator, american bass, atomic... just to name a few good amp companies

i don't see why you don't add another MT or go with some BTL's. 2 of those properly installed with good power can hit 150dB with just a little effort

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5473
throw more power on those MTs and you won't need any more subs

Something must not be right with your setup if you can get two MTs loud enough

box specs?

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 6
i have the MTs in a box i built. its vented and has about 8 cubic feet of space. they are loud but i'm only powering them with the single mm4000.1 should and would be 2 but hard to find the amp. also the box i did wasn't really built to a certain spec and i really need to get another one done by a professional. i'm sure they will go way louder if i gave them more power and a better built box. I just want to get the XXX 15s because I want to hear what it will sound like. the boxes will be built professionally to re's optimal specs and i'm now tryin to figure out what i will need to power them. Any recommendations would be appreciated. the highest i wouldn't mind paying for the amps would be anywhere from 4 to 6000 for all 4 combined. dont want to go over 4 amps. the electric system will be upgraded. was thinking of doin a 16v setup with the kinetik batteries but haven't decided yet. higher voltage i think means i will need less batteries to counter the voltage drop, correct me if i am wrong.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5474
i'd suggest getting someone to help you design a proper box and see where you stand.. it might be loud enough on that amp

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1015
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18160

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1167
build a new box and see what happens... installation is KEY to car audio

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 9
Snow thanks for finding the amp. i already have one autotek do you guyes think 2 autoteks would be enough for the 4 xxx 15s or should i get 4. was also looking at the Crown 6000GTI

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5479
i don't suggest you wasting any more money until you learn to build a proper enclosure

as Abarca said.. install is KEY

XXXs are not SPL subs.. they do get loud but why spend that much money on subs if you want SPL? I'd suggest the SXs

but all in all, build a proper enclosure for those MTs.. or you can trade me them for my SX 15"s haha

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 10
so you would recommend i get more MTs instead of getting the 4 XXXs. I just wanted to get the XXXs so i could hear them for myself. As far as the enclosure goes i plan to have one done by a professional. what would you consider the proper enclosure for the mt? the person i got them from recommended a box with around 4 cubic feet of space for each speaker. what amp/amps would you recommend to run 4 of those? dont want to go over 4 amps. any experience with the rockford 4000?

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1169
1. build a better enclosure
2. better amp maybe?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1020
are the xxx's your talking about the newer or older models?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5481
i'd try a new enclosure for two of them.. odds are you can't afford to run 4 MTs.. thats a lot of power and electrical upgrades

I'd build the box 7.80^3ft with 124.80 square inches of port

if your not happy then double the power.. those MTs with handle each a 4000.1

just curious.. what is the coil config on your MTs and what ohm load are they wired to

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14139
if u want try something different then 2 18s XXX properly powered in the right box - doubt u would want more SQL than that ....

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 12
I have 2 dual 2 ohm speakers. the autotek is a dual mono so i have it running at a 2ohm load. it can also be put at 1ohm on each channel.

also the XXXs would more than likely be the newer models.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5482
measure your box and post the dimensions.. port as well

i have a feeling your box is horrible but i may be wrong

how well is it braced btw.. any double baffling at all?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2437
The new XXX required lots of power. Meaning dual alt and lots of batt.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1477
Or you could buy my 2 Memphis 4ks. They would love a 16v setup. What year tahoe?

Gold Member

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2438
Troy he might need your alt too.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2337
I see you are in MS. Do you go to USACi comps?

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1478
Might really want dual alts.

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 14
Havent started going to comps but plan to in the future. i have a 1996 tahoe.
and yes my box is horrible. was my first time trying. i just threw together about an 8 cubic ft box. thats why i am goin to get one proffesionally done. will measure and post dimensions.

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 15
my box dimensions

40" width
24" depth
from bottom to top of box is about 19" but minus the 3/4mdf its about 17.5" high

the square port is between the 2 speakers.

its
22" length 2" from rear of box
5" width
17.5" high

thinking of doin a box with a single port to the left of both speakers. think that would make it easier to do the port. have a friend at the audio store that does custom installs think i'll come out better lettin him do the box because the one i did is messed up. thinking of just getting 2 More MTs. not really worried about the cost of electrical upgrades i just want an amp or amps that will be able to drive the 4 speakers. was thinking about maybe the jbl 6000 gti. thought about getting 2 rockford 4000 but i might have problems with it because it is not .5 ohm stable and the load must be at 2 ohms if the amps are strapped but with 4 dual 2ohm speakers the load would be at 1 ohm. the autotek is no longer in production. any recommendations dont want to go over 4 amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1480
Where are you located? 4 15 inch mts with about 2k rms each would fit nice and sound great imo.

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 16
i'm in natchez, mississippi. i am also planning to get maybe an 08 tahoe later on down the line. probably goin to end up putting everything in there if there is room.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1176
the RFs are good amps however they are POWER hungry! if your gonna throw down that kind of cash, i would look into a more efficient amp if i were you. Sundown saz3000d and RD are good efficient amps.

2 saz3000d's and 2 MTs with a proper enclosure would be D@mn fuckkin loud

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5484
The box size is fine.. but your port is the problem

You have a 5" port.. that is 2" from the back of the box thus making the opening of a 5" port 2"..

the port must always be the same distance from the back of the box as it is wide

it was showing tuned to 32hz but with is only being 2" from the back of the box I bet its actual tuning is lower

get a box built before you spend any more money

two MTs on that amp should be more than enough to burp a 150.. concentrate on the box and electrical upgrades to support your current amp

if your not happy double your power.. then start adding subs or changing them

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 17
as you can see my box is not very well built and has air leaks in some places. goin to get some help from someone who knows how to build. or might purchase a custom box from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT%26item%3D 260273999287
they say their boxes will also work well with the mt series. check it out and let me know what you think.

[URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=box2ks3.jpg][IMG]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9389/box2ks3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=box1jy3.jpg][IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1440/box1jy3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 18
Ok i was looking at the RD 5750.1D here http://www.decibelgarden.com/REVOLUTION-DESIGN-AUDIO-57501d.html

it says that it can run at .75 ohms daily. if i dont like the way the system sounds when i get the proper box and upgrades done for the 2 i have, i was thinking of getting 2 of these in order to power 4 speakers. i have dual 2 ohm speakers and when i get 2 more they will be dual 2 ohm. what i want to know is do you guys think the amp will run at .5 without dying. i mean its only .25 lower.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5485
wow, spend the money and get yourself a box built.. im sure someone is close to you and can help or cut you a deal

looks like it has water damage on the bottom?

a good enclosure for those subs on your amp and im telling you.. you probably won't want to change anything

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1238
i know where there is a autotek MM 4000.1 amp... It is in a local shop here in Lake Charles La.

Let me know if you want more info on the amp...

Gold Member

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2441
Roosevelt what kind of charging system do you have right now????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1041
why don't you have fishercustoms or woodlawn build one for you?

i agree on building the new box and keeping the equipment.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1201
wow that box is bad... definately get a new one built or build your own, they arent hard to build. it will make a world of differnce in the proper enclosure.

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 19
i'm goin to get another box done and see what happens. but i know me and i know no matter how loud it gets i'm goin to want 4 speakers just because. really just doin this because i want to put my system out of my friend's reach. dont really care about the cost because the look on my friend's face will be priceless.

Mark Brockman check and see if you can get a price on that amp for me and a number i can call and talk to someone at the shop. think 2 autoteks would be perfect for powering 4 MTs. and if its not enough i'll just get 2 RD 5750.1D amps and run 1 to each pair of speakers at .5 ohms and hope they don't burn out. no matter how much i get i think i'm goin to want more unless i run out of room. o yeah and my poorly built box lost a side to day. guess thats a sign. i really appreciate all the help and welcome any and all suggestions.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5490
i don't think you realize how loud two MTs can get in the proper enclosure on the right power

1 MT would easily handle two of those amps on it lol

keep us updated on the new box

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1208
^x2

go ahead and get the 2 RD 5750.1s and keep the MTs on those amps.

and an enclosure!

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 20
Ok I went to the audio store and talked to my friend and he gave me a good price on getting another box done for my 2 MTs. will be getting it done soon. what frequency should the box be tuned to for the 2MT 15s to be the loudest? what size box and port area would you guys recommend. he's goin to do the box with the port to the left of both of the speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1050
is it the same guy who built your first box? haha

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 21
i called the tech support number on reaudio's site and this is how the guy recommend me to do the box.

10.25ft^3

port opening 120 in^2

port length 25in
frequency 36

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 22
i called the tech support number on reaudio's site and this is how the guy recommend me to do the box.

10.25ft^3

port opening 120 in^2

port length 25in
frequency 36

what do you guys think?

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1217
if thats what tech support says....then i would do 10.25ft^3 with 120in^2 of port and a port length of 25in.

lol

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 750
get a jackhammer!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 230
BLK has failed again...

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 591
i will build you a nice lil box for those MT's or what ever subs your going with next ;)

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 751
"BLK has failed again..."

does any one have sense of humor?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1052
or you have a shi*ty sense of humor.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5517
too big of a box for mts..

i've already told you specs to get the box built to

read up in my previous posts

tuning.. for sql leaning more spl.. 40hz

and the design hes going to build is wrong.. subs up port back.. not subs on the right and port on the left

Gold Member

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2466
"Roosevelt what kind of charging system do you have right now????"

Answer please

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4246
subs facing passenger side of the car and port back works good also.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 598
let me build you a boom boom boxxxaaaaa =]

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 23
Well i got the box done. dont have pics to post yet but will soon. all i can say is wow. now i'm wonderin what it will sound like when i add more power.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5578
imagine that..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1199
never would of thought.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums