Polyfil?

Username: Wickedbass

Post Number: 7
Has anyone ever used polyfil (or any other similar material) inside their box? I have heard of people using this and was wondering what exactly it is supposed to do. If anyone has used it what was the effect? Whould you recommend it?

Thanks,

Wicked'

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1602
i got polyfil from joann's craft store and put some in my box. it lowers your box's tuning depending on how much you use. i could tell a difference once i put some in my box. my windows like shook more and stuff...

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18022
Poly is used a lot of times in enclosures where the box's volume has been designed "too small". It has been said to have as much as a 30% increased internal volume effect by adding poly to the inside. It also has acoustical properties/values which is why you see poly inside many home speakers as well. In the past I've even used carpet padding due to the ease of install and availability/price.

Here's a little read.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Username: Wickedbass

Post Number: 8
Thanks for the info guys. My box is already a tad big and tuned really low so im guessing this wouldn't help me.

Wicked'

Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 4
i need 4.4 cf for my subs, but with the box i have i only got 3.5 then takeaway the dis, so the box is only 3.1 cf, i need to make up a cf, how much stuffing should i add? and also does this effect the port tuing? and if so how much, or should i change the port around a bit to compensate for the fill?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1974
I just ask all my friends to rip out their pubes and i make a big bushel of them and use that. Works great.

Except sometimes it smells in the summer when it's real hot - if your going ported that is

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 378
Wow thats a great idea! The engineering of pubic hair would make it perfect for subwoofer applications! It may just have the potential to make a 1cuft box = to a 5 cuft box! INCREDIBLE!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us