Subs still wired backwards?!?!? help!

Silver Member
Username: Leapoldstotch

Post Number: 105
Again... ive got 2 12" cvrs. One of them is hitting the wrong way... ive got both of them wired the EXACT same..
I have all of the positives wired together and all of the negatives wired together. Then i put both pos. into the pos. part of the amp. Then i put both neg. into the neg part of the amp. Wtf is wrong? If one is hitting the opposite way, in a sealed box, is it taking away some bass?

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 67
is one of them blown?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 770
Depending on what ohm subs you have these are some of the wiring options you have. These first ones are for 2 dual 2 ohm subs

Wiring Option #1

Wiring Option #2

Wiring Option #3

The second option you have is for 2 dual 4 ohm subs

Wiring Option #1

Wiring Option #2

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1192
you sure both subs are the same Voice coil configuration?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 771
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload

Depending on the ohm your subs are and the lowest impeadence your amp can go wire your subs according to the diagram that best suits your setup.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4255
wire each one separately and see if they work. if so, wire them up like the pics above to the right load.
Also a dmm would be able to tell you if the coils are bad. if they are dvc, maybe one of the coils is bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1193
Check each voice coil with a DMM and post results....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1194
sorry marc.. didn't see your post.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4256
np. good looking out.

Bronze Member
Username: Mofogger

Post Number: 13
take the sub out and get yourself a battery and test it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
one of them isnt working. so now im just gonna have to sell em and get new ones ha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1204
next step is to figure out y it is not working.... not get new ones..... Might not be the sub...

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
i put a meter into the back of the box, on the pos and neg. it didnt beep. on the other one i did. What could be wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1206
check wire connections in sub box.(terminals) at subs and at termnal cup on inside if box
or

move working sub to non working side(or vice-versa) and see if it works.... if so the other sub is likey fu(ked up. If it doesn't work the wiring/connections are likely the problem
(if done vice-versa the opposite will apply)
or
pull subs out
check each voice coil with DMM. post results.
check tinsel leads
check voice coil jumper wires

just some suggestions

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Well what i found out was, the wires that attached to the box were holding on by a tiny thread and a current wasnt getting through it.

Omg i thought it was loud before holy hell... its literally twice as loud.. it was only 1 sub before. But i turned the gain down a lil since its only 300 watts instead of 400. If i put it all the way up wont it send a clipped signal and that would be bad i assume. What should i listen for? People are hitting 150 Dbs, if i hit 100 it sounds like they are gonna blow, idk the diff between too much and just really loud.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
100 decibles is barley above a wisper..

so it was the wiring.... thats the usual suspect...especially in low power system, where you are not as likely gonna blow subs with such little power... Unless they are really low wattage/quality subs and clipping their signal tring to more outta them that is possible.... Does that make sense?

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
yea im more worried about under powering them and pushing the amp too hard, so then it will send a 400 watt signal when its only capable of sending a 300 watt. so it will b clipped, if u understand that.

Im sure they will be fine, im sending them 300watts each, they are 400rms. And ive got the gain down to like 3/4, but i use the remote bass knob and i turn it all the way up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
There is sooooo many incorrect statments in that post^^^
1st
"yea im more worried about under powering them and pushing the amp too hard"

U cannot hurt your subs by underpowering them.... Otherwise you would damage your subs every time you turned the volume down..
2nd
"so then it will send a 400 watt signal when its only capable of sending a 300 watt. so it will b clipped,"

Your sub does determine how much power is being drawn from the amp (with exception of ohm load) in the form of a clipped signal..
In other words the subs recieves a clipped signal(determined by the amp and h.u., ect) and does not draw a clipped signal by simply being a higher rms rating than the amp.

You amp is gonna send whatever signal it's told to (by it's and the h.u.'s setting. This is a general statement, as there are other determining factores that play some role in a clipped signal..

I hope that makes sense to you.... I kinda confused myself..lol

another example..
If you were to take that 6oo wrms amp and try to push my Solo X (d2) sub-2500 wrms.. That sub is not gonna try to draw 2500 wrms outta that amp..... It gonna play whatever signal the amp tell is to..

lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us