Sub box

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 942
i am building a ported box but i want to try and make it so that it is the rounded flare port. i want to curve the wood into the port instead of just having a regular square port. does that make sense lol? anyone have advice of how to cut the wood to make it bend like that??

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8664
You have to have lots of cuts in the wood every 1/4'' where you want it to curve and then run beads of glue in it. That would be the port's wall. Make sure you calculate that port right or your tuning will be way off.

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 66
how thick does plexi glass have to be for a box?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18011
How big is your biggest panel?

Small boxes can get by with 1/2" while 3/4" can be as strong or stronger than MDF but MUCH more expensive. Not to mention the added complexity in the build.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
boxes are easy to build i actually enjoy building them trying new iteas and what not. for my next setup im going to go with single sub prob and make a nice box ported with a grey or black sweid or carpet and my buddy is going to air brush prob some skulls with smoke and sh*t on a pannel with hopefully a plexiglass area somewhere in the middle color the inside of the box possible neon i dont know how they hold up inside a box tho we'll c i just mainly want something clean lighter sexy and loud :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18014
A plexi "area" and a plexi box are two entirely different monsters. Using plexi can be impressive but if done incorrectly can be an expensive nightmare.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
hold up im going to see if i can do it on paint and get a pic onto this form sorta idea any ideas how i could do that?

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 943
how exactly do i caculate that kind of port?? and how deep of a cut should i do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
if anything because it wont change your output much make it look nice sized for your box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us