Canaan or Nick, ect.. Peel n Seal

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1173
went to Lowes to look for tyhe Peel-N-Seal.
I found a roll of it with aluminum finish. It is real thin and comes in 6" X 20' rolls Is that the right stuff? if not can you post a link.
I was under the assumption that this stuff had to be rolled on with a roller. Also bought come quick sety epoxy to repair the bond that broke between the crossmembers and the roof skin. You think that will suffice?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6699
I have 3 layers of Peel-n-seal on my roof. Does great. My truck rattles less now at 154+ than it did at 148 w/o the mat.

Its just aluminum backed and asphalt based.
Clean the metal and heat up the peel-n-seal a little (i just used a blow drier), and put it on. I worked it in ~2.5-3ft sections.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1174
thanks.. i'll do the math on how many rolls to buy. would 1 layer help or is 2 minimum? Sounds like a long and boring process, lol.

Any thoughts on the roof fix? I have never even pulled off a headliner so I don't know what to expect with the broken roof. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6700
http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=5415

Scroll to the bottom, that is what peel-n-seal looks like.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2433
Mark yeah that stuff works great i have it on my truck too. Better have some beers when doing this install.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 789
Be careful with where you put it, I have seen more then a few people have adhesion problems with it on vertical surfaces like door panels. Also to consider the total cost, using 2 or 3 layers to do what one layer of something like Damplifier Pro can do...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us