Holyshit...tornado

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6696
My mom just called my and a tornado ripped thru her yard. It downed 3-4 big pine trees, destroyed her shed, ripped my great grandma's porch off the house, took my uncle's back porch, knocked over the RV and killed the treeline behind the house.

I called up my dad (lives ~6miles away from my mom) and it took part of my uncle's (his brother) roof.

Now the bad part is headed north. Looks like the worst is going to miss Monroe and go a little east...but DAM!

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22198
stay safe man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6697
Look at this man:
http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/71343?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

My hometown is Jonesville...the worst it about to hit em again.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1048
i like living in michigan - the worst you have to worry about is snow/cold weather

be safe

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2332
I am surprised you actually had a strong tornado in that storm. Usually they give warnings and it is mainly due to the windshear. The radar notices a wind change or small rotation and pops off a warning. Normally you only see a F0-F1 out of these storms. Must be something with your geographical area bringing a stronger rotation. Better take warnings serious in your area pimp.

Oh and email me :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1168
Sorry to hear, Canaan...
We bacically evacuated for nothing... lost power for about 12 hrs... That's about it...

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2333
Don't say that Mark. It is good you guys evacuated. It shows the plans work and that when the next one comes, everyone will be ready. Katrina part 2 will happen, just when?

Bad thing is, people won't look at it like this. They will look at it form your point of view, nothing happen this time and next time will stay. Then it will be huge and thousands will die. Can't predict nature, but always nice to be safe than sorry.

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 6698
Also, w/ more storms coming and water levels now high...think about what COULD happen if Ike or Josephine hit the Louisiana coast.

I just hope that if these other storms force another evac, people won't take them lightly.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1172
We are aolready watching and are prepared to leave if needed...
Rita really destroyed our area and I will never forget that!... TRUST ME!

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2335
I think Ike will be the most of our worries.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/medr/9mh.gif

If this map is correct, the Low witht he front over texas along with hte High over New Mexico will cause the storm to hit from LA to Florida panhandle. Just have to watch and see what the front and high plans to do.

Kevin

PS: Why yes, I am a weather nut :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us