Components on a budget?

Username: Calyakker

Post Number: 1
Can someone recommend a set of 6.5" components? My amp is a kicker ZX650.4 so I'm looking to stay around 120 watts RMS per side. I'm also running a single 10" RE SR10D4 sub. I don't want to spend more than $150-175 if possible. Anything good in that price range? This will be going in a nissan frontier.

These are the two I've considered so far:
Alpine SPR-17S
Infinity 60.9cs

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 676
I'd stay away from those two, especially the Infinity's. Do you have any specific type of sound you're going for? Bright, neutral, mellow, etc...?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1041
hey exige - did you ever get my email?

sorry for the dump steve

Post Number: 2
I'm just looking for a 'clean' sound with crisp highs. I'll ask this way, what should I be looking at or considering at $200 or less?

No problem Daniel

Post Number: 3
What about Diamond S600a or the DLS MS6a. They're a little over my budget, but if they're worth it, I may go that route.

This is a noob question for sure, but I've never run components. When the manufacturer lists the RMS wattage for the speakers, is that for each individual speaker or each pair (tweeter, mid)? I only have 120 RMS to feed each side.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 679
DLS set is decent. The Diamond set I do not recommend...harsh tweeter and lacks midbass.

When the manufacturer lists the RMS rating, that's per side...in your terms per pair (tweeter, mid).

We've got some good deals on CDT stuff right now...far off retail. If you're interested just PM me and I'd be happy to help you out.

The DLS set is pretty nice though as well.

Always remember, a set of speakers is only going to sound as good as the install that it's in. Therefore make sure to deaden your doors and seal them up the best you can to improve midbass response. An optimally aimed tweeter will thoroughly help with imaging and the overall sound of the tweeter.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 789
I would go with Polk.... db or momo. I have the db and they have a nice rounded sound, not harsh not bright, and lasted awhile for a cheap price
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us