Subs hitting at different times. help!

Silver Member
Username: Leapoldstotch

Post Number: 101
One sub is hitting right but the other one is hitting at opposite. Like one goes in when the other goes out. So i switched the wires going into the box on that sub. But it didnt do anythign so i switched them back. How could i fix this?

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_coleman

Post Number: 65
Maybe one of the subs is not working.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8646
Try hooking up one sub at a time and see what happens, make sure that both subs actually work before changing the wiring.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
hmm i tried hooking up one sup at a time. i unhooked the sub that i was hitting right from the amp. But that did nothing. So i rehooked it. Then unhooked the one that was hitting wrong and then none of them work... Im almost positive the both work i think it would be sorta obvious if one was workign at all.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17972
Can you show a diagram of how you wired them? You might have one bad sub as stated and your wiring could be suspect. Also how you wired to the amp as well. That would help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
im just going to rewire it so its right. Idk how they were wired before but im going to do it right. But how to i know which voice coil is which? the -+-+ are in 4 equal corners of the sub. how do i know which -+ match up togeather?

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1597
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42

the amp you have now is 1ohm stable right? so you want to hook it up following the top diagram.

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 31
i didnt read all the posts but if u have an amp on each sub and they r in the same box without the amps being bridged they will hit at different times if one of your subs is not connected or not getting a segnal it will be getting pushed from the preshure of the other sub even in ported encloser they have to be in separat boxes if difrent amps or what not im not sure :D check your wiring rc's remote ground and make sure for god sake they r hooked up the same haha

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8648
That was rough to read =/

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1598
^^ i agree with you on that. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
what i said or :-) hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 990
yeah you need to learn how to type. I re-read it about 3 times and i still don't get all of it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ya i dont edit or anything i just giver and go to the next forum lol

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 314
and you checked the phase setting on your amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Whats the phase setting? Ive got all the positives and all of the negatives wired together. Then both pos. from the subs are going into the one pos. on the amp. Then both neg. from the subs are going into one neg. on the amp. They are both wired the exact same idk why there hitting backwards.. and it seems like one of them is hitting harder than the other... I tested them before and i had each of them working one at a time. So neither of them are blown.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1824
@Seth
Phase setting should be on your amp as a dial. It should say 0-180, make sure it is at zero and if you have a deck that has that feature check it as well and make sure it is off.

But if that was the issue I would think you wouldn't be able to tell as if both subs were hooked up right they would still move at the same time, in the same direction.

You really need to draw a diagram of how you have your subs wired or take a picture.

Sounds like you either have it at .5 ohm load or a one ohm load. As all the subs + and - are hooked up to one another.

You should have a single + and and single - run coming from your amp to the subs like in the diagram below, just to be safe. Try it and see if that helps

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=4

Bronze Member
Username: Mofogger

Post Number: 20
why don't you switch the + and - on one sub and see if it hits in sync?

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
Bobby it doesn't, all that would do it send a pos. signal to the neg terminal on the voice coils.

As for mike, i have them wired just like in that first diagram, 2(4ohm)dvc subs to 1 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Mofogger

Post Number: 21
okay then do the battery test. take the subs out. get a AA batter and connect the - on the sub to the - on the battery. then take the + and touch the + on the battery. if the sub should move out. then do the same to the other sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
i just tested them with a meter, one of them isnt working. I could have sworn i had both of them working. Well i solved the case lol. Now time to sell them i guess ha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us