Box help

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1029
for 2 15 inch alphas - i am not good at designing boxes and i wanted the box to have seperate chambers for the subs

steve told me to do about

7.5 cubes total
75-80 sq port area
i want to tune around 35 hz

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

i am thinking about building two of these as one so they have seperate chambers and it would give more support

it would double the center wall and i will double baffle the front

would double baffeling the front throw off the tuning a lot? maybe less 1 hz?

19 wide
16 tall
21.5 deep

2.625 port width
9 port length

any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 1030
bump for some help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
i am trying to build this box soon.

any input?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10381
Your starting with 3.78 cf per enclosure using your dimensions of 19 wide 16 tall 21.5 deep (internal measurements) without a port and sub. If you make a port 16 high x 2 wide x 16.50 deep youll have .40 for port displacement bringing you down to 3.38 cf. And after you subtract .20 aprox. for the sub that brings you down to 3.18 cf. with a 35 hz port tune. Is this what your looking for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
that is what i am asking. he said 7.5 total before port and sub.

so would this work?

thanks in advance

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10386
Check with him and see what cubic feet after the sub and port hes looking for. Also ask him what the correct displacement is for each sub. I would guess hes probably going to want 3.50 cf for each sub after displacements. If this is the case using aero ports will give you more air space. How much power are you going to be giving the subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 37
u could even make it into a horn port design i want to try it out one of these days but it would amplify your bass to an extent its one of the reasons PA equipment is so loud and fills halls would just make your car rumble more? lots of pro hatchback designs are hornloaded so i donno :-) throw ideas around

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 38
oh hey daniel did u still have that alpha 15" i cant remember if it was dual 1 or duel 4 ohm but 175 shipped u said?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1036
thanks sean - i have to do some measuring and i think i will be using aeros and asking some questions soon

bruce - that wasnt me - i just bought 2 alphas

i have a treo ssx 15 for sale if you want that

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10391
Ok let me know what you find out. The bad thing with aero ports is it isnt going to be cheap because youll need four of them from what I remember and that will be $50 in ports plus shipping if you buy them from parts express. The only other option is to make your own. I found a tutorial on how to do it before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us