Pontiac Fiero System

Bronze Member
Username: Justinp21

United States

Post Number: 25
Hey so im getting ready to put a system into my 85 notchback GT. If you've ever been around fieros much you know installing a sound system in them can be a.. trick. I've flirted with a few different ideas.. but im kind of leaning towards putting a 10" sub behind each seat (using truck boxes).. it seems like an easy fix for now.. But if anybody has any input on the placement of my subs i'd love to hear it.. but the Main reason im posting this is to see if anybody has any suggestions as to what sub/amp combination i should get.. i'd love to pay 200 to $250 dollars..
(sorry this is such a long post) ANY help would be much appreciated!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17959
Small car, small budget.

Small options.

Wall the bish.

Oh wait.................

sorry.

Why am I feeling goofy tonight????

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2366
"Why am I feeling goofy tonight????"

Too many beers? Or shots? :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10361
My brother used to own a fiero so i know the challenges room wise in that car. You might be better of with 8's considering the box size youll have and the mounting depth. I wondered what a good sub set up would hit like in one of those. Given the small budget id say go with one quality sub.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10362
Id go with one audioque sd 2 8 with one four inch aero port if you have the room for the mounting depth. Its 89 bucks plus shipping and has a 5 1/16 mounting depth. And this hifonics titan txi 4008. It will put out a true 300 rms which is what the audioque sub calls for. Its 86 dollars shipped.

Heres the link to the aero port. The length you will use it at will depend on the box size but you will need this port for airflow. A regular four inch port will not work properly on your power. Its 12.50 plus shipping.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=268-352

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4757
Honestly since bass is non directive below 100hz I would put the enclosure in the trun where it belongs. Us a couple of small blow-through ports in the front firewall and be done with it. Polo..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10363
There is no trunk to use in a fiero Polo.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10364
Heres the link to that hifonics amp. I had to make a new post for the link to fit right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-TITAN-TXi4008-1-2-CH-400-WATTS-AMP-NEW_W0QQitemZ290 256482781QQihZ019QQcategoryZ18795QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4758
If I am not mistaken it is in the front.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10365
Yeah I know but isnt it isolated from the cab? Its been a while since my bro had his fiero but I think thats the case.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10366
Did you just edit your post Polo because I didnt see the mention of the blow through before? That would work if it can be done.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4759
I know it can be done and no I didn't edit sh!t, you just didn't read lmfao! Remove the spare tire it will give you quite a bit of room. WOuld be need to have blow throughs around my the passengers toes hahaha! I was thinking of buying a fiero to drop a GTP engine in but I'll wait. I have seen one with a chevy 350 in it though. Polo..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10367
Such language haha. Sue me im human. Yeah a 350 would make one of those fieros fly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10368
Well Justin if your willing to do Polo's idea that will give you an option to use a 10 or 12 inch audioque sd 2 and still stay in your budget and use that hifonics amp. And you would still need that four inch aero port.

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 26
Thanks guys for the input.. i've thought about going for the "trunk" idea but i wasn't sure if it would be able to deliver the sq in the cab.. but Sean do u know how much air space the sd 8 or 10 need? I'm asking because i'm thinking about using a sealed truck box (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7548_Sonic+Sub+Box-+1T10-0.7.html) something like this and im wondering if it would be big enough.. and if so where would be the best place for the aero port..
AAlso how do audioques compare to other brands like kicker or jl.. (i was originally looking into some 07CVR104's..
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5434
friend has that car.. installed an 8" under the dash

or you can fiberglass a center console for a single 12" (as his dad did)

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 27
Hey thanks, yeah i know some fieros actually came with a stock sub setup under the dash.. and the center console is pretty popular choice as well.. but i kind of want at least a semi stock appearance..

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5435
then do an 8" under the dash

depending on how well you can build the console it could look stock

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4760
Sh!t son I want to see a single 15" blowthrough, you would never see it and it be kick @ss lol. There is quite a bit of room under the front hood. In all honesty you could cut the front wall and direct install a single 12/15 as an infinite baffle setup, lot of possibilities. Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, sawzalls work wonders hahha..POlo..

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17966
"sawzalls work wonders hahha..POlo."

They also devastate resale values.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10395
"Sean do u know how much air space the sd 8 or 10 need? I'm asking because i'm thinking about using a sealed truck box (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7548_Sonic+Sub+Box-+1T10-0.7.html) something like this and im wondering if it would be big enough.. and if so where would be the best place for the aero port..
AAlso how do audioques compare to other brands like kicker or jl.. (i was originally looking into some 07CVR104's..
Thanks"

No I dont know how much airspace the 8 or the 10 need but I would guess 1 cubic foot for the 8 and a little more for the 10 but you would have to contact DJ at audioque. As far as your prefab box that looks like it only has .7 cubic feet and I doubt the sub would fit in it depth wise but theres no way to know because they dont give you dimensions. I take by you making this choice you dont want to make your own box? Because even if this box did work you would still have to put the aero port in it because audioques are really designed to be ported. The best place for the aero port is the link I gave you above for it but ill put it in this post again for you.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=268-352

As far as how audioque subs compare to jl and kicker cvr's. The audioque subs are more for bass heads but still clean. the kicker cvr's will be pretty bass heavy as well but not quite to the point of audioque. Cvr's dont sound as good as the audioques either in my opinion. Jl is a different comparison though and it depends on the line your looking at how well the output and sound quality is. If you were talking the w6 id say excellent sound quality and respectable bass output. And if you were talking the w3 model id say decent sound quality and average spl output. Then if you were talking say w0 id say less sq than the w3 but respectable still and less than average spl output. Ive heard all these Jl subs so I know. The Jl w1 I would assume is similar to the w0 with maybe a little improvement since its a newer model but Ive never heard that one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us