Downloading Music

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2967
How can i download music at school (college campus). Everything is like totally blocked, torrents,limewire, frostwire, rapidshare, everything. I'm not looking for a debate on whetehr its right or wrong, i just wanna know how. any advice?

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnproud

Post Number: 66
errr, dont know if it will work but a lot of colleges allow Ruckus

http://www.ruckus.com/ruckus/home.do

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2582
Or you could just do your downloading on your own computer....lol

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2968
No I mean i just moved into my dorm and all of my programs are blocked. i have an apple so i cant use utorrent, but all my other sh!t is blocked. i'm on my own computer

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1149
blocked by the router? use port fowarding

or have someone email you a specific file.... i know it's not quite the same but it will work for a specific file

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2969
yea idk, ive been dealin with it for a week or so now, but im tired of not being able to download songs.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2364
Try megaupload? If rapidshare is blocked then megaupload will prolly be blocked too tho. Worth a try I guess.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 666
If you've got windows on the other side of your Mac, Ruckus with Tunebite is probably the way to go. Ruckus is legal so I'm sure your campus can't say much about it.

What school are you at?

May want to set up with a proxy if you're school is blocking that much stuff just from the start...

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3788
i'm having the same problem and i just tried ruckus and they have that blocked off too. sucky :-(

the c k

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 667
wow what schools are you guys at? I know of schools that SPONSOR Ruckus...that's really wierd...heck it's RIAA-allowed.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 390
go here and look http://macapper.com/2007/03/19/showdown-torrent-clients/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1159
http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/solutions/wireless-laptop/modem-cards .jsp

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4754
They probably have everything but port 80 > http blocked, allows browsing but not apps. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4495
Schools and large businesses now all use front end internet filters like WebSense and EtherShield. Unless you are buddies with the IT guys or you have admin rights and access to the filter settings, you're SOL. And in most cases the filter controls are stashed in a standalone server that is not global.

Have some friends load you up a couple DVD's of mp3's and then bump those down to your school comp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
get a wireless at&t or equilivent card and dl away

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2172
"Unless you are buddies with the IT guys or you have admin rights and access to the filter settings, you're SOL. And in most cases the filter controls are stashed in a standalone server that is not global."

There may be no legal way to do it, but I do know of a few methods that can get around blocked ports.

Port stealthing is one of them.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10249
My school sent me an email encouraging me to use Ruckus lol.....but I don't live on campus so it doesn't matter

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 202
i've been shafted out of downloading music at my college too. although they sponser ruckus i listen to A LOT of music that you can't even find on itunes. which really sucks. i'm just waiting til i get my laptop and just go use someone elses internet then transfer it to your desktop. i'm assuming you use a desktop in your dorm or wherever your staying?

Bronze Member
Username: Gignmofo

Post Number: 96
How about buying it?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8654
Your best bet is getting access. It really wouldn't be all that hard if you really wanted to crack the system. If it's that worth it to you do a little research and you'll figure something out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us