Thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 148
Has anyone used the eclipse SW6123.4 subs? What are your thoughts on them? thanks

~Ricky

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2322
The newer Eclipse subs are not that great or reliable. I would choose something else.

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
really? what would you suggest then? for this set up all I want is to get a good clean full range of sound, high quality sound... lowest price possible.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2323
Really depends on your budget, music taste, and car. Are you looking for subs and amp only?

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
yes sub and amp only, music huge variety, from punk to hardcore, country to hip hop, all over... Budget cheap as possible, thats all.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2324
Well, how cheap is cheap? Remember, you get what you pay for.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8633
Eclipse makes pretty good subs. Before Kevin beats me to it...I could sell you a 12'' Eclipse sub in a Q logic sealed enclosure that is I believe...1.75 cu ft. I won't bullsh1t you and tell you that it's LOUD but it adds a little kick to the sub-stage that is needed. Sounds clean that's for sure.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 584
nice rob

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2325
Rob, you got the old Eclipse or the new ones?

Kevin

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8634
It's not the new ones. It's the TC made one I believe and has a 12 spoke basket. The model is SW7200(I think, it's a 7k series).

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
im not looking for super loud, i dont know how much i want to spend yet. all i want is to feel the music, get full range of sound and sound good, as good as possible.

~Ricky

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2327
AH, ok. In that case no problem. Like I said the new ones suck pretty bad. TC made are pretty good subs.

Kevin

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8636
"im not looking for super loud, i dont know how much i want to spend yet. all i want is to feel the music, get full range of sound and sound good, as good as possible.

~Ricky"

Well, if you want to FEEL the music it will probably be a bit loud :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
a bit loud yes, but i had some cheap mtx thunder 10 in subs that you could "feel" it but they were not all THAT loud... course loud for me may be different, i do dj on the side...

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8639
Ricky, post a budget and we can most likely direct you to the best setup within that budget. Kevin can probably hook you up with a great dealer by the way, consider him our forum sponsor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
i dont know 400?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8642
Do you already have an amplifier, wiring and head unit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
not yet i will be doing a complete set up, HU amp for the speaks, speaks, wires and subs, im looking to spend about 400 with am and subs i guess, i dunno

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10354
If your going with Robs sub id recommend the alpine m500 there is one on ebay for 153 shipped.
Or if you want to spend a little more for cleaner power you could go for this kicker 750.1 shipping prices seem cheap and the amp is $150. The kicker 750.1 is under rated. Some have birth sheets claiming 900 rms. You would just set the gain with a digital multimeter to the power amount you want.

http://www.consumerdepot.com/products.asp?id=06ZX7501R&referer=google

Heres the eclipse sub specs.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw7000/sw7200.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Eclipse makes pretty good subs. Before Kevin beats me to it...I could sell you a 12'' Eclipse sub in a Q logic sealed enclosure that is I believe...1.75 cu ft. I won't bullsh1t you and tell you that it's LOUD but it adds a little kick to the sub-stage that is needed. Sounds clean that's for sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
*bump*

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8658
I have to weigh the box and sub but I guessed around 60 pounds for the UPS site and that gave me a shipping cost of around 40 bucks. I got the thing at a steal so I'll pass the savings. I'm only looking to get 100 bucks for it plus the cost of shipping, no, it's not beat up and it works. I also have plenty of references on the web 100 percent positive feedback on forums and Ebay. I'll get a more accurate shipping quote in a bit.

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 52
only thing good from eclipse for subs is there ti series the 9900 or w/e modles but fatchicks or anyone know how think plexiglass has to be for a sub box? like min thinkness

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8660
Bruce, that depends on what sub and how much power you're putting to it. In case you don't already know this...plexi-glass enclosures are usually extremely expensive. There was a member on here who paid $2,000 for his plexi enclosure for his Earthquake HoleeS 15'' subwoofer. I believe it was 1'' thick. Thinnest I would go is 1/2'' thick and that's on a small sub. It also has to support the weight of the sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17996
Plexi is very strong and when it's 3/4" or thicker it can feel like steel. The tricky part about it though is a means of securely bonding it without it looking like Frankenstein. With full sheets going for $800+ like Rob said it's PRICEY to say the least. Plexi for windows in a box is a much simpler/affordable way to use the stuff. Even if you calculate everything out and have the factory precut all your pieces it can break your heart when you drill too close to an edge and snap a corner off with a screw. You think to yourself "Damn, that was a $75 panel".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us