Is this wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1448
I hope this isn't considered off topic since it's very much about car audio. I woke up a little bit ago from a dream I was switching from optimas to kinetik batteries. In the dream I was running some more runs of wire and designing a new box to fit the shape of the new batteries better.

Funny thing is half my best ideas and decisions are made in my sleep.

Is this wrong/strange to think about this stuff all day and then dream about it? Any of you guys have similar experiences?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8629
I wouldn't say it's wrong. People have probably thought of things that are much worse...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1449
Actually, let me buddy up on this post with an update on my truck:
For those that haven't seen any of my previous posts, I've been fighting with my quad alt setup for a while now, 1 130a alternator and 3 380.
I'm adding ~ 2 more 50' spools of 1/0, a few more batteries once I get a rack welded, and I changed the setup of the pulleys. Basically the belt was slipping a bit and if I went over 2500rpms it would break the tensioner. I haven't tested this new one over 2500, but I will next time I'm driving near home. Appears to be working MUCH better.

I broke 4 belt tensioners in 2 weeks (ac delco) so I bought a Gates one from Napa and it was built totally different. It's been holding up pretty good for 3 weeks now. I also bought a heavy duty belt from napa- 081265hd which is an 8 groove so I had to chop it down :-). Pics:

Original install:
Upload
After moving the idler bearings a dozen times
Upload
You can see those two bearings are very close at one point lol
Upload

Belt seems to be working great so far (old one shredded UP!)
Upload

A/C delco tensioner, where I put #1 and 2 is where it was breaking. The small metal piece was breaking at 2, the gap at 1 is where it starts working its way apart, eventually just seperating into two pieces.
Upload
Gates tensioner, built totally different. MUCH better part.
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4238
great set up troy. Cant say I dream about car audio, but I think about it a lot

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1951
i dream about car audio yea.

due quad alts.... you rock

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2423
Most of the time you dream of stuff you want to do. But like someone else said there are worse dreams than audio. I like your setup troy..

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1012
that is a sick set up - i think i would dream about it too

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1148
Yep, Troy... Your are definately a BASSAHOLIC!! I also dream about car audio... SOMETIMES!.. Nothing wrong with that.... I hope, lol..
You are a charging system STUD, Mad props. lol

AND WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER THAT FU(KING PHONE!!!!! LMAO

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22173
speaking of dreams....

last night i had a dream i was giving my ex a ride on the handle bars on my bike. then we fell off a cliff and she died. for some reason i woke up in cold sweat after that.

that is some serious juice you got there troy. sick, sick, and sick.

no more dreams about car audio for me right now.

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1019
you got any numbers yet troy?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1451
Thanks guys! I think the dream about the ex sounds like you miss giving her a ride ;)

Well I can say I can put 8 to 10,000 watts to the subs and keep above 14.4 volts up front. Still adding in more runs of wire to get it to the amps (reason why I still haven't turned it up all the way).

I did 153.6 at the dash sealed tl at 32hz with the CD player skipping and 155.6 in the kick
. I'm hoping for 155 or 156 sealed at 32hz when I'm done. And it peaks at 42hz :-)

Again thanks guys, it has been a TON of work to get where it is. I might be clearing the vehicle out soon, I'm competing in the wall 3- 4 class with no wall :-( I'm thinking a van WITH a wall would be nice....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8630
That's awesome Troy! It's been a long time since you've come a long way in this build and it will be worth it when you get it finished up.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2579
Yea sometimes I can't get to sleep because I'm thinking of something audio related. That's when I decide to take some sleeping pills... lol

Damn thats one beefed up electrical system you got there, Troy. Looks awesome!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4239
ive seen walls in a 74 cutlass, a jeep, and a van and a honda. The cutlass and honda are 160 plus setups.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us