12" Subwoofer suggestions

Username: Me_too

Bentonville, Arkansas U.S.A.

Post Number: 9
I currently have a pair of Pioneer Premier 10" subs powered by a Premier PRS-D1000M amp. I would like to upgrade to a pair of 12's but am not sure what subs would work well with this amp. The amp does 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. If you need more specs for the amp they are listed here http://reviews.cnet.com/car-amplifiers/pioneer-premier-prs-d1000m/4507-6726_7-32 136604.html?tag=mncol;psum . I don't know if it makes any kind of difference but I am driving a Malibu Maxx with the subs facing the back of the car reflecting off the glass. The head unit is a Premier DEH-P880PRS. I'm looking for subs that will have good SQ while at the same time will be loud. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1554
dc audio lv3
rd sonance

Bentonville, Arkansas U.S.A.

Post Number: 10
Thanks. I'll check into those.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10382
Since you only have 600 rms at a 2 ohm setting two level 3 dc's cant be done. The same goes with the rd sonance. But if you run a single sub then that would be fine.

Bronze Member

Im not a Hillbilly, Arkansas U.S.A.

Post Number: 12
Would I still have the same level of sound as far as it being loud and rattling my brain if I only run 1 sub, or should I step up my amp as well?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10383
One sub can be louder than you think. But keep in mind if you go with two subs and double your power using subs at 600 rms each you are stressing your stock alternator because you need some of that amperage for your cars basic electrical needs not to mention at idle your alternator produces less. And im sure youll want an amp in there for your highs yet. One of my favorites to mention is the audioque subs. One reason I like those subs in your case is they all in their respective lines have the same power requirements and yet you can choose a larger sub for more cone area. The audioque sdc 2.5 is just right for your power. They also make a sd 2 model that you could run two subs on the power you have but id only recommend them if you have fold down seats that you plan on leaving down and firing into the cab and you can get all the cone area into the car without being blocked and at least 12's. (just a guess)

Heres audioques website

www.audioque.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Just to be sure I'm understanding this correctly, my best way to go would be to get one sub that would take all the power that the amp is pushing instead of getting 2 subs that split the power? My car holds subs very similarly to an SUV because it's completely open. They aren't in a trunk. It's more like a hatchback.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10384
Oh ok two of the audioque sd 2 subs should work better than one sdc 2.5 in your case then. Whats your budget and dimensions of space your willing to give up for a enclosure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I'd use the entire rear end for subs. It's not a whole lot of room but I'll give up what's there. I'll try to remember and get measurements of how much space is available back there. As far as the budget I have to save up for anything I buy so the price of the sub isn't a huge deal to me as long as it's good quality. However it doesn't mean I want to spend a ton of money on them either so I'd guess to put an easy price tag on it probably around 200 bucks per sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us