New car means system soon

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2471
after totalling my car i purchased a 2000 acura integra ls. i already installed my deck and put a 15" home stereo sub that i had in and is running off the rear channels of my deck. i messed around with different positions and found that the sub facing up and all the way to the rear is the loudest. i originally had it right behind the seat but the ouput wasnt as great. for the box design then im thinkin sub up port up with subs closest to the rear and the port closer to teh seats

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2580
Sounds good. So what kind of subs are you looking at getting?

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2472
well idk im gunna keep stock electrical but gunna do big three and i need a new battery soon so i will get something i lil better. so with that said im thinkin about 1k to 1200 watts. i havnt measured the back yet to see how much room i have but i was thinkin 2 12's a 15 or if room an 18

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10327
Is this a hatchback?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4144
Jaymes heres my 2 setups that I have had in my Teg.

15" Q's 5.1cuft net sealed.

33"x27"x14" were the dimensions. When I had the box running vertical I was unable to push the rear seats into locking position. So I turned them sideways and the enclosure sits up on the wheel wells just a tad but not too much.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Currently running this. 2 12" AQ SDC2.5's 3.6cuft net tuned to 35Hz. This enclosure is 33"x23"14".

Upload
Upload
Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22175
^^^^^show off

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4145
lol. Nah, just showing him what it looked like in my teg and what the box dimensions were.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17948
Still looks amazing. Nice box!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2581
The red port looks awesome.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2473
i was thinkin about runnin aq's ive been planning on them for a long time. how do they sound? and yes its a hatchback..lol

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2474
and i see that the port faces back. how does that sound? i was thinkin port up and subs up with the port just behind the seats and the subs as close the rear as possible so i can utilize the hatch as much as possible

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4146
It sounds good to me. Especially the upper sub region. It lacks in the low end compared to the Q's but that is to be expected. I think that a larger enclosure would help out on the low end though. 3.6cuft net is really cutting it with these drivers.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2475
with the dimensions which is h w etc

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2476
and where did u mount ur amp and were did u run teh power wire through? do u hvae stock electrical?

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4148
The AQ enclosure is 33"Wx23"Dx14"H

The amp is mounted between the seat and the enclosure and yes right now I have all stock electrical, but I do have the big 3 done.

The power wire I ran through the firewall on the passenger side. You should be able to find the hole in the firewall pretty easily.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2477
ok thanx

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10331
Im not sure what you laughed at but I asked if it was a hatchback or not because I thought those cars came in non hatchback as well as hatchback. And if you said hatchback I was going to tell you about naledge's sub and port arrangement. But I also had knowledge first hand that sub up port up at the bottom toward the tail lights works good also in a older integra because we metered one with a single volfenhag 4812 on about 900 rms in a daily box and with stock charging he did 141.7 db with the headlights on. And he had port noise too which doesnt help spl.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2478
ok thanx but nalegdge how much power u runnin? any light dim?

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4149
I am running an AQ2200d at 1 ohm to them. No lights dimming that I noticed....but I rarely drive at night.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2479
wow..lol thats a lot of power on stock i was just thinkin the aq1200d.im surprised ur alt is keeping up. u know how much voltage drop ur gettin?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us