System for 1000$

Bronze Member
Username: Mattbone

Post Number: 22
I want to get a 2x10 setup for around 1000$. what would be the best subs/amp to get? I more less just want it to be as loud as possible, i also dont want it to sound like sh** but id sacrifice a little quality for loudness

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1191
2 fi bls that leaves u 500 for an amp. how about a single 15 or 18 is that a possibility? maybe look into the DD 9500 series

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i have a single cab chevy, dont really like 15s or 18s i listen to alot of metal also alot of rap but i want no bigger than 12s. what about an amp? i am somewhat familair with subs but im pretty clueless about amps for the most part lol

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2583
where you from matt?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
texas

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1192
"i am somewhat familair with subs but im pretty clueless about amps for the most part lol"
dido sorry bud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
well dam. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2584
odd i know somebody that has your same name...

well having a single cab drastically reduces your space for a box obviously. also 2 BL's will result in you needing electrical upgrades, which is definitely going to be more than $1k. getting very loud isn't easy with a small box either. assuming you have a bench, your going to have to fit it under your seat right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
wow thats crazy lol.
well i have a 40/20/40
so if i need to i can build a console box. but it can also fit behind the seat i have some room. i have a bed cut out but no bed cover yet so just depends on what i get. at one time i almost got a 12w7 or 10w7 to put in the center but im confused on what to do at the moment bout to have the cash i need so i want to get it straight

Gold Member

Post Number: 2585
a w7 would be a nice woofer choice. as P.rick suggested a DD would be good as well. i would go with building a console box personally. i think they look great and they perform better than one could behind your seat.

you could go with 2 decent 10" woofers or a nice 12". personal preference really. you won't see a huge difference in performance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
ya what amp would you suggest for a w10 or w12?

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1196
i know a matt bone too in orlando random

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1141
need to pick out some subs so we can recommend an amp..... stock elect?
what part of Texas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2587
can't go wrong with a slash amp from JL to match. other than that i'd go with nothing less than something from kicker or mmats

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
ft worth, stock electric, and im stil not positive on the subs... i was thinking either the recomended fis, d3s or w3s, or rd audio two tens... or one w12 or w10. lol alot of choices, im not the best at choosing but i think i might would do the w12 it as long as it would be the loudest out of the choices. it would be the easyiest for me

Gold Member

Post Number: 2588
the w12's get decently loud and sound great doing it. it won't be the loudest of the choices, but it will sound the best IMO. i'd go with the BL series next. they get louder than the w7 i believe and don't sound bad at all.

only problem you have going with 2 subs of that wattage is electrical like i said, which means an upgraded alternator and battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
you have to upgrade alternator? that sucks. dpends on what subs though right? if i got two subs that could handle around 500 a piece i wouldnt have to would i? as apposed to one sub that could handle about 1000. thats what i plan on is about 1000 watts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
what about going used?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/793746827.html
there is also someone selling a used 12w7 for 425$
i would obviously still get an amp but that seems like a good deal

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4209
I put a system in my dads toyota tundra on 500rms and it slams. I'm sure you could do 2 10's sealed facing the floor on w/e amount of power you want. Heres my dads center console subbox. I love it, sounds really clean.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2416
Those are some nice pic Berny. So you havce a single cab truck and your placing your box behind the seat right? If so i dont see how your goign to fit a w7 you need something else like a w3.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
no if i go with a w7 im going to put in the center console. if i go with something smaller im putting it behind the seat

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2422
i say go with the w7

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10313
x2 jl 12 w7. Remember its a 3 ohm sub. And just so you know the sub has an 8 inch mounting depth if thats a concern. Also you could get away with 750 - 800 rms on the sub if you wanted.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
or best buy is selling two 12" rockford fosgate p3s in a box for 404$ and i can get employee discount... are these verry good? my friend had two tens and it hit pretty hard

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6464
they're definately not the best, but if you like them than that's all that matters.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
well ive never heard the 12's. the 10s he got the cops called on him testing in his drive way so... and if i can get two twelves in a box for 300 or 350 that handle 500 watts a piece that seems pretty good to me?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i was wrong i think these are the p2s?
my friend has the p3s. any one have experience with these?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8761146&type=product&id=1202650467 422

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 572
i have 2 nice kicker CVR 12's you could get only need 2 cubes for both sealed and they sound great and get decently loud

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3814
SUBS:

RD Audio Classic
DD 1500
DC Sound Lab L3
AQ SDC2.5
RE SE
Alpine Type R

Amp:

AQ1200d

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
so how much would a 12w7 run? and then how much for an amp to power it? theres a guy selling a 12w7 and a jl 500/1 for 600$

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
what about a 12w7 for 350-425$ used?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10328
They cost 480 here new. I didnt realize they were that expensive. Make sure you have the room for the mounting depth of the sub.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JL-AUDIO-12W7-3-12-3-OHM-COMP-SUBWOOFER-CAR-SUB-W7_W0QQi temZ170252933680QQihZ007QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And a audioque 2200d will put out about 1000 watts at 3 ohms. But it doesnt look like they are recommended for 1000 like the listing says. It looks more like 750-800. But if you go with the audioque 2200 it will be clean power setting it up for 750-800 since it produces 1000 at 3 ohms.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=35

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

It will cost 389 plus shipping. its a good company with good products and great customer service.

After seeing the cost of the jl sub id probably look at other subs though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
nice. im pretty sure ill have the depth if im doing a center console box right? how would be the best way to bulid one? any one have any exapmles?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
what other subs to look at? i think i would rather do the one sub in the center console... it would be alot easier i think

Gold Member

Post Number: 2589
you get what you pay for. i think theyre a bit overpriced myself but you cant argue the quality. everything worthy has pretty much been brought up, though im sure theres a few more out there.

il just say this, other than the price, nothing bad can really be said about the w7. im fairly sure you'll agree once you hear one

Gold Member

Post Number: 2590
take a look at some vids on realmofexcursion,com for a little persuasion :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us