Mach 5 Audio

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 261
I am just curious as to how the Mach 5 Audio subs perform in general. Are the SPL's much better than the IXL series? Im guessing the SPL's get loud and the IXL's have better sound quality but thats just a guess. I havent heard of this brand before and there is a place near me that has them at decent prices.

Any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6461
very good subs/company. never heard the spl line but have heard they get loud and still sound good doing it, and can handle much more than rated power but yet don't need it. have heard an ixl and loved it. very nice sounding sub that has serious output for their 'sq' line. if things wouldn't have come up recently i'd have some ixls' myself by now. owned a maw15 for awhile and loved it, still regret selling it.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2355
Very good company. Ive actually never heard any other lines except the MAW which was a great sub. I had a 15" MAW and for as cheap as it was it really suprised me. I also regret selling mine :-( I should have kept it and used it for HT.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 262
Seems like they are a highly valued brand.
I am actually thinking of going from my DD 9512 to maybe a Mach 5 SPL 15. I like the DD, but it doesn't perform on the low end as much as I would like. Also I noticed that the Mach 5 subs are recommended to be tuned low. I am assuming that they will have great low end output. Is this true?
Do you think I will be disappointed going from the 9512 to the Mach 5 SPL?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, TEAM RD USA

Post Number: 43
try RD Alpha or Heavyweight are custom build and they will hit on the lower end hit up Kevin lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 263
I live in Sydney, Australia. Shipping will cost as much as the sub itself.
There is a local dealer of Mach 5 Audio here.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2356
If you want more low end,Id say go for the IXL. The SPL line prolly wont give you the low end you want.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6462
way to try and push a different sub rather than help the op quentin. if you can't help or anything, why even post in the thread?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 787
Plenty of positive feedback on Mach5. I had the SPL-12 for a while, very strong driver that can be used daily, and the IXL's have been doing very well.

Moey, there is a new Mach5 dealer in Australia, email Mach5 to find out where.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 264
Yea I found out about the new dealer recently. Decent prices compared to other high end drivers here. e.g DD 9500 ~$1400, JL W7 ~$1300 LOL

Can pick up an 18" IXL for about $300 and a 15" SPL for about $580

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3784
i hope and pray to the heavens above you didnt pay 1400 for your dd 9500.

the cisco kid

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 265
LOL, nah I bought it second hand for $500

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 267
Hey Denim, how was the low end of the SPL-12 you had? Anyone else used the SPL and can comment on the low end output?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6463
honestly, if you want to read/get reviews of mach5, go to another forum. i doubt many here, maybe 4-5, have even heard a mach5 sub. go to caraudio.com and you'll get more help on them.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 788
Moey, it had plenty of low end, and loved a large box. It did not flinch at 2500 watts. But if your intended usage is mostly daily, opt for the IXL if you have less then 1200 watts. Here is the Mach5Audio forum: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showforum=50
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us