4 12"s in a '04 chevy blazer-RE: box placement

Username: Indicapro

Nunya buzz, Cali USA

Post Number: 3
i have a 04 blazer. i currently am running 4 12" audio bahn excursion series subs. i have them set up in 2 seperate dual 12" enclosures stacked on top of one another (secured really well though, so this is not the issue) what is happening is that in the front seat of the cab (driver and passenger) there is insane amounts of sound pressure and it hurts your ears and sounds really good.

but....in the back row of seats just behind the "wall" of subs (which are facing the rear window) there is a large amount of distortion heard and poor sound quality all the way around in the back seats. now in the fronts it sounds like a million bucks but in the back its crap.

i want to know what are my options for running 4 12"s in this truck. i was thinking of having one box firing as normal against the back of the truck, and the other 2 12's enclosure firing right behind it into the back of the first box of 2 12's. will this be better or worse??

im open to any comments or constructive critism (just leave me alone about my choice of gear as every one has thier own preference and mine is audio bahn)

any special type of designs that would be easy to build on my own or anything or any way to get these to hit right EVERYWHERE INN THE CAR. so there it is

they are on a RF power 650.2

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1168
build a new box ported subs up port back

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1169
as far as distortion issue audiobahn subs are good for getting loud but have 0 sq if you want something that sounds better your gonna have to step up your game

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1138
"build a new box ported subs up port back"

x2

what is the rms on those subs? because a rf 650.2 isnt a lot of power...unless they are low rms subs

Nunya buzz, Cali USA

Post Number: 5
th3y sound great i can hear the car coming literally from 5 blocks away. it is just in the back row of seats it seam to be a "dead zone" in terms of spl pressure or whatever. what im saying is in the back seat it is like night and day compared to the front seats listeners.

it sets off car alarms at great distances i am just having some kind of pressure cancellation or something in htat specific area of the car???? any suggestion other than changing my gear would be nice and greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 150
ok.

i have 4 12s in my tempo, and i have my boxes dimensions set up like this:

36" x 15"x 15".

i have 2 subs facing normal, but on the backside, there are 2 more facing forward. now, my tempo's trunk is not as spacey as yours, so you have more options.

1) take your boxes apart into their two seperate boxes, have one face the back, and turn the other one's back around to face the front, but dont have the backs touching.

2)build your own box like mine (accept have 2 seperate 2 12 inclosures and have one chamber on the back facing the front, and the other chamber facing the front. this way you would have your rear window mostly back. (you could probably make yours a lot bigger as wise as dimensions go)

3) build a box that has all 4 on one side. like a 4 peice lego brick(not the long ones the square ones) and have them all laying down facing the top.(once again saving your rear window.) having them face the top may not sound as good as having all 4 face the window though.

also fiberglass boxes are easy to do for an SUV because they just slide in and out. its also not too pricey either.

OR you could sell all 4 and get a pair of 15s.

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 151
f*ck what that guy before me said go get 4 15s and put it in a 4 15 box.

Nunya buzz, Cali USA

Post Number: 6
it isnt my vehicle its my buddies .

but i am the "wiring guy" round here and every ones has me wire up their multiple sub sytems and such.

but the subs are 1200 peak so imbetting on round 500 watts rms each.

they are running 2 ohms mono onthe amp.

he has the option of switching the RF 650.2 out and using a audiopipe 2000.1 supposedly class d it says on it but no mention of it being 1 ohm stable but i know its at least 2 ohm stable. its a "2000" watt amp. so you guys get a better picture i think it is a big ol' long amp that says its high powered but not "true" wattage.

but neverthe less it is a mono amp and class d so itmay have the abillity to get that 2000watts if ran 1-ohm.

what i originally was getting at was this.

we pu the systemin and all that it was looud when we went for the ride after , it makes my ear drums tickle. but notone of us me or my buddy has ever been inthe back seat and the other day i some how managed toendup their on the way tothe liqour store. i waslike "dude did you do something to this amp, crossover, re-wired anything cuzz it sounds like nothing back here". well on the way back from the liq. sto. i made it a point to sit up front and low and behold it was-a-rummpin-like-thunder. so i was convinced that the wall of subs was creating a dead zone inthe back seat area, which is directly behind the wall of 4 12's.

so if i face one set towards the driverside of the vehicle and the other torwards the pasenger side, would it be better, or should i go one set facing the rear window andthe other set facing the front window??

they are actually a set of audiobahn 1200 peak 500 rms and a set of audiopipe 1200 watt peak 500 rms 2 each, and they all are dual 4ohm subs, i confirmed this on the audiopipes (which had no markings of what ohms they were) with a multi-meter. trust me im no newb. i been aroudn the block since cerwin vega stroker 15d's were the shizznit to have in your ride. you know the ones with the "spider" material on the cone and theat bolt looking thing, flat piston design.

i used to have a '78 coupe deville with 8 earthquake MAGMA super 12"'s with 4 alpine v-12 high current amps, one for every 2 subs, and mad #'s of 4 1/4" coaxials every where like 5 in each door and four 6x9's in the back. they were gettin power from a old zapco 4 channel amp.lol them magma's were notorious for blowing cheaply built boxes apart.

thats a little of topic but never the less interseting....?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us