Earthquake Amp

Username: Escapeon22z

Post Number: 3
has anyone used earthquake audio products or know anyone that has.. my dealer wants to sell me a earthquake amp that he says does 3000 watt RMS at 2 ohms.. is this legit? i would be puttin my 2 strokers on it and they sar 2000 watt rms so around 1500 watt rms a piece would be perfect on them.. any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1795
I found that they did not quite do rated power but they are a budget amp for sure and can work in the right applications.

I had one and it worked just fine but make sure you have a proper charging, have the subs wired right for a 2 or 1ohm load as Earthquake amps have been known to light on fire from people not taking the proper care.

Post Number: 4
the one my dealer is tryin to sell is a factory refurb bc the kid who had it first wired it down to .5 ohm and it fried.. he is wantin $350 for it w/ no warranty but claims that is does 3000 watt RMS at 2 ohm.. i do have a battery that i put in my trunk to run the amp off

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1796
The no warranty part for me would be the deal breaker as that thing could die 20 minutes after you install it.

The battery would only be a temp solution as your alternator will need to keep both batteries charged...

I ran the PHD-10000 Earthquake amp and I gained 2.xdb when I swapped it for my RD amp....so I think it's safe to assume that it wont quite do 3krms.

I do not know of any other amps that could deliver that kind of power for yoru price beside Audio Que.

check them out, lots of people have been saying good things about them. I would say save up a tad and look at RD, Sundown, Mmats, AQ, Kicker...etc

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm

2200rms for $389 and you get warranty :-)

Post Number: 5
well there is a guy sellin a zx2500.1 for $400 which is 08 model and still covered under warranty and i am leanin that way... i jsut dont have the cash rite now

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2299
Which Earthquake? The old black ones weren't too bad. They were barely stable at 1 ohm. The new ones which are red are over rated pretty bad. I take it you have 2 D2 subs correct? What is your budget for amp?

Kevin

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1797
$350 for the earthquake and $400 for the Kicker....Kicker wins by a landslide!

Kevin can hook you up and I've bought from him multiple times.

Post Number: 6
i have 2 12" cerwin vega strokers.. my budget is looking for a good deal because money is tight... but my subs rms at 2000 watt each and peak at 4000 watt each.. i would like to be feeding them roughly 1500 watts rms each

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 440
my brother in law ran two shredders and two earthquake 15's about 7 years ago in his s10, with stock alt and 6 yellowtop batteries, he hit 155.5 db, decent amp for the money, IMO i would tak ethe kicker or RD

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8305
Earthquake amps suck.... overrated and they blow due to crap quality

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 63
the amps r very touchy and u have to turn the volume right low when turning off and on your vehicals or they well blow fuses and sh*t none stop then again i have heard of people burping them at 1/16th of a ohm i dont know if that is true tho

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5478
if you're not getting one as a gift, don't buy it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us