Why would

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 146
my highs are actin up again.

ok, so. my pioneers vol. will get to 62, I'll usually play it about 30 because thats how i tuned the amp and it doesnt distort and its confortable listening.

if i want it to scream (1 out of 3 drive sessions) i turn 40-50. sometimes, on some songs, after about 3 or 4 seconds of playing you can tell the highs in the music completely cut out. i have my EQ on my HU set Lows: max Mids: 3/4 max Highs:max. but then i have my high pass filter turned on on my HU AND on my 4 channel.

after the highs cut out, i turn it down to about 15 or 20 and they go back to normal.

???

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4489
Why do you have the eq on your hu set like that? Lows should be about flat, a slight dip in the mids, and highs a notch or two above flat depending on your tweeters. Having them all maxed out like that, especially in the mids, is probably most of your issue.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1134
"I'll usually play it about 30 because thats how i tuned the amp"

if you tuned the amp to 30, i wouldnt go much above that. going to 50 is just asking for your amp to clip and that will happen to your speakers. if you want to hear your speakers at vol.50 then tune it to that

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 427
i set my lows at -2, mids at 0 and highs at +4 on my old pioneer deck sounded mint,

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 147
ok, my HUs EQ is like this:

Lows, Mids, and Highs all range from -6 to +6.

my lows are on 6, my mids are on 3 or 4, and my highs are on 6.

with my HPF on, though, my 5-1/4s and 6x8s don't put out any lows, so i just did that for the subs.

so its not like they pop or anything, the highs will just cut out, and all i can hear is mids. like if you had a whole drum set playing and then you just stopped hitting the real high snares and the cymbols.(<-????)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8298
Do what Brad said, fix your EQ.

Another possibility is you cranked the gain up on the amp and it's overdriving your speakers...... depending on which ones you have the crossovers can have protection circuits in them.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 434
what model is your deck?

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 149
pioneer premier __500UB.

the blank is because there are 2 letters there i am too lazy to look up.

well my HPF is on both my amp AND my HU. so that might have something to do with the signal?

and i know i could easily fix this with my HUs EQ fix, thats what i usually have it like anyways, i just know its not supposed to do this and i would like to fix it.

i DO think its something wrong with my speakers being overpowered. ok this might help: when I crank it to 10, they sound normal. between 10 and 20 is a HUGE volume difference.30 is almost where it maxes out to distortion. it goes to 62.

?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8025
check the wires... from your rcas to the door speakers thats whats wrong..

it happened to me once and i founded out that one of the speaker had the wire lose and was touching the chasis

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1144
^^^x2

my comps kept making a popping noise and it was for that reason. your x-overs shouldnt be in the doors anyway tho. they need to be inside the car to avoid this and moisture. i moved my x-overs to the back seat near the amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us