More SPL in limited space

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 78
I traded my car in for a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. I had two Audiobahn AW1200Q's in 2.0cf ported enclosures, that sounded awesome, but there's no way these are going to fit in my truck. Please no flames, this post is not about Audiobahn vs other brands.

I have to have some kind of system, so started out by purchasing an enclosure that fits behind the rear seat, and put in two 8" Diamond Audio DVC subs (0.5cf sealed per sub). I was using the same Audiobahn amp, pushing about 200-300w RMS to each.

This was not nearly enough, so I installed ONE of the Audiobahn woofers w/ ported box in the rear seat. So now I'm running the 8" @ 100w RMS x 2 (4 ohm load) on one amp channel, and 400w to the Audiobahn at 2 ohms on the other channel.

While the SQ is there, it's not as loud as when I had both Audiobahn's installed in my car.

I'm contemplating getting rid of the AW1200Q in the rear seat, and going with a larger 12", or possibly 15" sub, while leaving the 8" Diamond's to play behind the rear seat. I can only use a single large woofer, as I need the other side of the rear seat for a carseat. I'd have the 400w @ 2ohm going to this sub from one channel of the Audiobahn amp, with the possibility of getting a dedicated amp for it in the future.

Any suggestions for this application? A 12" woofer, or 15" that can be used in a smaller enclosure are preferred. SPL is my main goal. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1154
mount a box under the seat bud do a single 12 ported or dual 12s sealed downfiring

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1155
btw i had 2 aw1208t's and i loved them

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 79
I just cant imagine there being enough room under the rear seat-- I don't think there's any at all. It looks as though the rear seat is just one solid unit that mounts to the bottom. This is a compact pickup, an '01 so it's the smaller of the Frontier crew cabs. It looks as though my only option is a large 12 or 15 that I can place on the back seat, something that is good for max SPL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us