RCA Inputs damaged?

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 46
Hi. I have a Pioneer DEH-680.

Well, the entire system had been connected and everything was fine until I swapped the frontstage amp to this cadence amp I had sitting here. As soon as I connected it worked for about 20seconds, and then the amp's red light went on and i immedietly turned off the car. I put the car back on after checking the connections to make sure everythign was fine, which it was. Now when I put the car back on, the problem was all of a sudden there is noise present in the system, and a whine while i accelerate. I even tried putting my old amp back in, and I have the same problem.. NOISE.

Take note that NOTHING besides that amp changed, so it cannot be that maybe I ran my wires wrong which is bringing in the noise because its been fine for the past year until I put in that amp.

Any kind of help would be appreciated, I'm so short on cash after swapping my clutch and tuition fee's im just not ready to pay 150$ for another HU?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1442
you blew the pico fuse. if you swapped the amp while running you blew a fuse that is connected to the rcas to protect them. you have 3 options. 1.a ground loop isolator 2. if it's under warrenty shipp it back or fix it yourself if you have some soldering skills. 3. return it for a new one if you just got it.

if you had the car running or amp on while doing the rca swap thats how you blew the pico, the pico controld a noise filter to clean the ground and remove alternator noise from the eletrical system. if you post in sub woofer section with title, pioneer pico fuse blown and explain it to them they will be more then hapy to post pics on how to repair it. btw a ground loop iso is like 15 bucks at any car audio/bestbuy/circuit city shop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us