Best hz for rap??

Gold Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1011
bout to build box tommorow proll 4.2 cu ft i figured tuned to 33hz? still not sure if i should build the port in center or left? ill be running 2 12's in a 96 sunfire seat does fold down

Bronze Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 23
get songs im speeding and amillie i donno there hertz but they fcking pound on 12's if you for 15-18's get songs by gorilla zoe lil wayne and sh!t like tech nine and what not :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingzaudio

A - TOWN - WEST-END, GA USA

Post Number: 88
33hz could be good, may be low end only and not hit 45+

35-38 will work good if you want to hit low and higher notes.
Also depends on the subwoofer you are using.

Gold Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1013
ok ray ray.... i got the ma120xe subs for free 12's.... ok i want highs to kinda both yes. but when i make a box on there how do i know what sizes to use to get my desired freq??? can i give u guys dimensions and could u tell me what sizes?? and bruce is im speeding a song?

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingzaudio

A - TOWN - WEST-END, GA USA

Post Number: 89
what are your dimensions?

Gold Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1015
ok i got 14 1/2 high thats the trunk opening i mean inside is 18 but to get it in the trunk it needs to be 14 and a half at the most . anyways.... its 35 1/2 wide, and 32 deep . ill prolly mount the amp on the seat

Gold Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1016
http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

ok i did this its only 33hz though and the port length the smaller it is the more cu ft i have but i thought u needed it liek the same as the port length that goes back streight?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1131
"get songs im speeding and amillie i donno there hertz but they fcking pound on 12's if you for 15-18's get songs by gorilla zoe lil wayne and sh!t like tech nine and what not :-)"

u dont have to have 15s and 18s to hit the lows man.. your one of those people who thinks 10s are for metal cuz they are smaller, when in fact, some 10s will get lower than some 18s. u can make a 15 hit the double bass on rock songs and still be precise as sh!t.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 528
"u can make a 15 hit the double bass on rock songs and still be precise as sh!t."

tru story i did that with 2 L7 15's haha

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5410
more songs peak higher. tune between 35hz-40hz

if you want just lows.. tune lower.. but higher output will not be as good therefore you must be picky on you song selection since not many songs peak on lower notes

Gold Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1019
no i want highs and lows

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5413
then go sealed.. im sorry but you can't have the best of both worlds from a ported box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us