Bronze Member
Username: Chevelle

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 91
What is the difference in a bandpass/vented and ported subbox

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2566
bandpass boxes are better suited for peaking around a certain note. the woofers sit inside of the box.

ported boxes have the woofer sitting in one of the panels of the box, and have a flatter response.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 29
"bandpass boxes are better suited for peaking around a certain note. the woofers sit inside of the box.

ported boxes have the woofer sitting in one of the panels of the box, and have a flatter response."

this is what im talking about, fvckin newbs. bandpass don't just play one note smart one you can make them to play pretty much anything if the design is right. now what BP are we talking 4th order? 6th order? maybe even 8th order? also might wanna look into a ABC box easier to build and have pretty good results if done right.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1148
he said PEAKS which is true not that they play one note

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
which still isn't true you can make a regular slot port box "peak". also its all about design i know a guy who has a 4th order BP and if BP peak i guess you could say that he peaks from 30-55hz haha with a 3db rolloff under and over that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2570
when i say better suited, i mean they are better at that, not that's all they do. get some reading comprehension. of course you can make a ported box peak, but that is probably not in his interest, and is not normally what you make it for.

it would be a good idea to not start sh!t with the entire forum on your return, kind of like you seem to be doing in that other thread of yours. i like how you call me a noob though i have been here for over 2 1/2 years.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
one this is not my "return" as you put it i just came here to start sh1t duh. although you may not be a newb you still don't know much if you say "bandpass boxes are better suited for peaking around a certain note" you may wanna read up on BP and learn some more before you go posting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2572
it's called summing things up :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
what are you summing up? prefab BP boxes? thats the only one can think of that peaks. if you acutally know how to design one you can make it play whatever you want.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2573
i don't think a person who asks "What is the difference in a bandpass/vented and ported subbox" is going to be designing a BP box any time soon. nor will they want to hear or understand the complicated explanation of orders and such. i'm trying to make things easier for this guy. if you want to explain to him what i am not instead of telling me i'm a noob, feel free.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
true but maybe the guy wants to learn and by telling him "bandpass boxes are better suited for peaking around a certain note." is just straight lieing might wanna think of that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us