Need help deciding on new system

Bronze Member
Username: Colonelcack

Post Number: 12
Hello everyone, new here...need some help -

I recently purchased a 1993 Jeep Cherokee and it has an all stock setup, and the speakers are blown. I want to put a whole new system in. According to Crutchfield this is my car's info:

In-dash stereo
7-3/4" depth; Size code E

Front speakers
Dash: 3-1/2" Important requirements
Front Door: 5-1/4"

Rear speakers
Tailgate: 5-1/4"

I want to put in a new headunit, and all new speakers. Someone told me not to install new rear speakers though and instead to get a "truck speaker box" like this http://www.jcwhitney.com/COMFORT-PRODUCT...16219_10614.jcw

They told me that no matter how nice of speakers I put in the rear that I would end up blowing them just because of their design they can't go loud? I'm not looking to go to any competitions or anything, however I like to listen to really loud heavy metal with very fast double bass drum beats (no rap). So I'm looking for some subs that would be ideal for this...something punchy, clean and fast...not necessarily super loud and deafening (I don't want it to drown out the rest of the system) but still powerful enough that you feel like you got socked in the stomach when the bass drops.

Any input is much appreciated! Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Edit: I guess I don't need a "truck speaker box" if I install baffles on the rear speakers?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2268
Don't listen to that person at all. What is your budget for everything, product wise?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I'm not sure exactly, I don't mind spending a little extra for quality products but I don't want to go overboard since this is an older vehicle.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2269
Understandable. We need a range though, makes it alot easier. You can spend $200 for some subs alone or $1000 for a sub. Give us a nice range to play with, we can help you out.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Maybe $1000-2000 for the whole system? Don't know how much I want to spend on just the sub...maybe $500-1000ish?

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2271
Ok good. You can get some nice equipment in that price range. Don't worry about the dash speakers, kind of a waste. Grab an adapter and run 6.5 components up front and 5.25 co ax in rear. For headunits I perfer Eclipse. Subwoofer and amp, for the music you listen too, I HIGHLY recommend a nice SQ sub. Tune at about 35hz and you will be fine. Do you perfer 1 or 2 subs? Feel free to email me if you would like, the RD Audio Sonance or Alpha subs would br great with that application :-)

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us